Help with "Lost in a Good Book" quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marteen

In the Grey Library, What do I have to do to get to that door?

7bc46912bf54bc62d2a05a3052088970o.png

Geb

Maybe you went there b4 picking up mission. Saving outside and reloading would probably reset it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know there is no bug, that grate opens when the quest is advanced.

You can actually think the thief managed to open it when you go searching for him.

Moved to general forum

Don Desini

Loreseeker
I got transported to the wyvern mountains, got the bag of nuts from the cave,but I recalled before speaking to suildar. Now I can't find him and cannot finish quest. Where can I find him again? Can I remedy this whole situation or is this just how it must be?

feldon

Loreseeker
Did we ever get a solution to Don's issue... need to know if that's an issue to be included in the wiki.

Webdreams

Don Desini":27x5f8cm said:
I got transported to the wyvern mountains, got the bag of nuts from the cave,but I recalled before speaking to suildar. Now I can't find him and cannot finish quest. Where can I find him again? Can I remedy this whole situation or is this just how it must be?

I also have done this and trying to find Sulidar. Nowhere in the current laying realm.

Don Desini

Loreseeker
feldon":uy4c0uol said:
Did we ever get a solution to Don's issue... need to know if that's an issue to be included in the wiki.

I ended up restoring from the cloud so as to go back and be able to finish this quest. I never found suildar or saw him return to the thieves guild in Freetown.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
In theory, you shouldn't be able to "break" this quest. If someone reproduces a broken status, let me know what does the journal say please.

Don Desini

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":5tmh1ejx said:
In theory, you shouldn't be able to "break" this quest. If someone reproduces a broken status, let me know what does the journal say please.
Not really sure what constitutes broken,but my journal said that the Giants had freed suildar,I'd better talk to him. He was nowhere to be found. Causing the quest,although 90% complete, to never actually be completed. Leaving it in my "in progress" page of my journal. Unfortunately, after cloud restore I have no screenshot to accompany this.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Don Desini":3cd5hcyg said:
DavidBVal":3cd5hcyg said:
Not really sure what constitutes broken,but my journal said that the Giants had freed suildar,I'd better talk to him. He was nowhere to be found. Causing the quest,although 90% complete, to never actually be completed. Leaving it in my "in progress" page of my journal. Unfortunately, after cloud restore I have no screenshot to accompany this.

You are correct, I had not anticipated someone turning in the food and then recalling, as Sulidar is right there and talking to him next feels obvious. But he was supposed to wait there until you talk to him, and right now he does not respawn. Fixing it for next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.