Help with Griss build, and my cleric build

Rebellion

So currently playing a cleric
Lv 14, 1h and AGI and my Griss is AGI too
I saw the video with the Child of Faith build im using that so in a few levels ill have the flames and all that but, should i go in for more STR or AGI?Cuz i saw that later on i can get better 1h weapons than light ones (now i have Despair) so just tell me that.
And about Griss should i switch to 2h? She is now
Shield expert MAX, Cleave MAX , Fury 1 its not a prob to restart her but just want to know if its worth it 😄 Thanks in advance

Senenleigh

You probably want griss to do damage if you are already tanky. If we are discussing the most effective way to pair griss, I dont see much point in making her a tank unless you have a caster or rogue as a main character. One reason is because your companions will respawn anyway if their corpse is far enough away from combat. Another reason is as you are melee it is very difficult to have them take damage instead of you (unless you are a rogue). I think warriors can put out alot of aoe damage, so I would give her a two handed weapon and max out her cleave and whirlwind. Fury as well is probably good, I dont remember offhand what she gets for advanced skills. You can probably take down packs of enemies pretty easily if both you and griss do decent aoe damage, but make sure you give yourself trap disarming abilities as griss isnt really able to do that as effectively.

It seems to me that clerics and warriors get the ability to have strength scaling weapons for a reason, mainly because the base damage is higher. Look at the difference between damage of a strength scaling one handed weapon and an agility weapon, there is a big difference in damage. There are certain specialized 1h agility weapons that I would use situationally, but for the most part I would leave agility weapons for the rogues. Agility still scales with 1 handed strength weapons, if you're tanky you should probably still prioritize agility over strength if you are using a shield. The reason for this is because a shield doubles the effectiveness of your armor. But if you arent using a shield I wouldnt worry about armor at all, and I would just try to max out life and mana and use the effectiveness of intervene for defense. The Holy Shield spells and battle prayer and all of that really give the cleric the potential to have the highest armor out of all the classes (meaning you can absorb flat dr from lots of enemies at once.) But if you arent actively building high armor/high resists imo it doesnt seem worth it to me to build around a shield.

Really these are my observations of playing from hard mode. Other players likely have better advice than me, I haven't started an ironman yet.

Last edited:

Rebellion

I will probably keep my cleric build for now, im trying to buy a house so gonna grind a bit, and for Griss im gonna reset her as soon as possible because as you as no need for 2 tanks.Thanks man
Lv 15 now (found an AMAZING place to grind xp)
At lv 16 probably gonna go for PER 6 and then till lv 20 gonna go for AGI and END.
210+ HP
217 MANA
Still have spare skill points cuz i didnt max out some skills,still deciding which adv skill is worth it.
Kinda recently screwed my self cuz all this time i was doing in favor of Golden Hand, good thing i have 1 book left to return for 15 rep with Loreseekers for death ward.Ty, just did the quest with Snake and got stuff and Executioners axe for 2h Griss 😄 Anyway ty dude.

Senenleigh

As a tank/healer cleric I basically stopped investing in personality after 5 because I only really needed it the minimum value to get Battle Prayer. I really didnt find it as valuable to try and stack lots of mana because I can sustain my mana by buying lots of those those lesser mana potions from the alchemist at the temple. My thing with building lots of armor is I would be out of mana by the time my health got low enough and need to drink a potion, so intervene really wasnt useful. Alternatively if you are building around a cleric that deals damage you would want as much mana as possible, because you use it for spells in addition for Intervene defense. You would run out of life far before your mana ran out and you will need the mana for the intervene heal. For my cleric I really try to minimize mana and life and just try to build armor and resists. However, if you are Ironman I'm guessing you put points into intervene regardless because it keeps you from dying, and if you are level 20+ you likely have such a big pool or life and mana that it the gear doesnt make as much of a difference.

p4ran0id

Staff member
As a tank/healer cleric I basically stopped investing in personality after 5 because I only really needed it the minimum value to get Battle Prayer. I really didnt find it as valuable to try and stack lots of mana because I can sustain my mana by buying lots of those those lesser mana potions from the alchemist at the temple. My thing with building lots of armor is I would be out of mana by the time my health got low enough and need to drink a potion, so intervene really wasnt useful. Alternatively if you are building around a cleric that deals damage you would want as much mana as possible, because you use it for spells in addition for Intervene defense. You would run out of life far before your mana ran out and you will need the mana for the intervene heal. For my cleric I really try to minimize mana and life and just try to build armor and resists. However, if you are Ironman I'm guessing you put points into intervene regardless because it keeps you from dying, and if you are level 20+ you likely have such a big pool or life and mana that it the gear doesnt make as much of a difference.

Can you share your build with some Screenshots? You can use postimg.cc (or imgur and so on) and add the link with media button. That's my cleric build (lvl 22)

Screenshot-20200215-163304.png
Screenshot-20200215-163304.png

Ps: like that

Screenshot-20200215-163426.png
Screenshot-20200215-163554.png