[help me] The best bow for killing Minotaurs

Iury

Translator
I'm up to go down that maze and kick some cows' ass, but I need some advice first.
You see, I'm an level 8 archer rogue and I would like to know which bow is the best one for that?

My DPS with the oaken bow is 19,2 and with the Hunter's Mark is 17,7 but it comes with a Beast Slayer II which I think that isn't being counted towards that DPS number.
I also have the possibility to go to the Deep Cauldron and stealth my way to a Vulcan bow.

What do you fellow adventurers would tell about it?

I really appreciate any help you could provide.

Taurossilva

Iury":1zbk8h4a said:
I'm up to go down that maze and kick some cows' ass, but I need some advice first.
You see, I'm an level 8 archer rogue and I would like to know which bow is the best one for that?

My DPS with the oaken bow is 19,2 and with the Hunter's Mark is 17,7 but it comes with a Beast Slayer II which I think that isn't being counted towards that DPS number.
I also have the possibility to go to the Deep Cauldron and stealth my way to a Vulcan bow.

I think they are still working on the beastslayer/orcslayer/undeadslayet/etc. bonuses, so until they work that out, Vulcan bow or perhaps the frost now might be a better bet. There is also the composite bow, but to get that your level needs to be at least 15. Mainly because the dungeon/quest to get it is extremely difficult. I had a hard time with it at level 16 as a warrior.

ZoriahNZ

Try the frost bow for now, and if you manage to finish the Lost Coven quest in a few levels you can use the Jester bow which seems to be fairly good against them - especially if you have rapid shot advanced skill.

TheScumbag

Iury":27rtjyto said:

I was in a similar position when I wanted to get the highest DPS bow asap around your level with my archer rogue. If you want to get to play the game completely legit, I recall that Hunters Mark with beast slayer is your best bet (but all the bows you mentioned have marginal difference in DPS)

If you want to exploit the game mechanics a teensy little bit like I did

Grab a scroll of recall, and maybe a few potions of healing and head yourself towards the "Abandoned Tower" in Crimson hills, and just rush towards the room with the Jester's Bow and recall asap

I find the Jester's Bow to be the best bow in game so far (even better than Composite).

Taurossilva

TheScumbag":e3sbtr2v said:
Iury":e3sbtr2v said:

I was in a similar position when I wanted to get the highest DPS bow asap around your level with my archer rogue. If you want to get to play the game completely legit, I recall that Hunters Mark with beast slayer is your best bet (but all the bows you mentioned have marginal difference in DPS)

If you want to exploit the game mechanics a teensy little bit like I did

Grab a scroll of recall, and maybe a few potions of healing and head yourself towards the "Abandoned Tower" in Crimson hills, and just rush towards the room with the Jester's Bow and recall asap

I find the Jester's Bow to be the best bow in game so far (even better than Composite).

I'll probably use that for my rogue when he is high enough to do that quest.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Remember DPS does not take into account the enemy's armor.

Imagine you have two weapons:

1) Fast: speed 13, hits for 16 on average (DPS 20.8)
2) Slow: speed 8, hits for 26 on average (DPS 20.8).

If the monster on average subtracts 7 due to armor, the real DPS of the fast weapon is 11.7, while the real DPS of the slow weapon is 15.2.

With a boss that subtracts 12 from armor, fast weapon goes down to 5.3 DPS, Slow weapon doubling that damage, at 11.2 DPS.