Help - how does crit % work?

Atlas1095

I am trying to understand how the crit % attribute works.

First question:

The standard enhancement is 150%. (I know, this can be increased with massive criticals.)

Does this mean damage x 150% or damage + 150%?

For example, suppose you are wielding the iron longsword.

Crit = 6% = 6 out of 100 attacks will be critical. (I know, this can be increased with precision strikes.)

Damage is normally 4-8.

Does this mean the critical damage is 6-12 (damage x 150%) or 10-20 (damage + 150%)?

Second question:

Does the critical enhancement also apply to elemental damage?

Suppose you are wielding longsword of falling stars: 5-10 damage plus 4 death damage.

Does the critical enhancement only apply to the 5-10 damage or also the 4 death damage?

I searched the wiki and forum and could not find a clear answer to these questions.

Thank you!!!

Atlas1095

Thanks!

To confirm - you're saying with the iron longsword (normally 4-8), the crit damage is 9-12?

Low end - strongest usual hit is 8; therefore +1 = 9
High end - strongest usual hit is 8; therefore x 150% = 12

Right?

VDX_360

Staff member
The current critical range is visible on the main character sheet.

Critical hit is only applied to physical damage (not elemental).

Critical hits in Exiled Kingdoms are not as powerful as in other games. Some rouge builds can can use Critical hit + Flank etc for serious damage, but for most builds, critical hits are nifty but not game defining.

Atlas1095

Got it, thanks! And it works the same for monsters?

Actually, I'm wondering how my character got offed seemingly in one attack by a monster recently. Didn't look mathematically possible to me, given how many hit points I had at the time.

VDX_360

Staff member
What monster was it? And where was it? Did you look at the combat log?

Some enemies have Stab, which allows them to do a hefty amount of damage. Also, sometimes tou can trigger a trap in the middle of a complicated fight. It can be hard to see the spike trap damage if there's an insane melee crowd going on. And lastly, range attacks can hit you when you're focused on the a different enemy.

All those can add up to an unexpected huge amount of damage.

Atlas1095

I was fighting two Manticore Whelps in the Eastern Inori. Gris was with me. All of a sudden the "game over" screen appeared. How can you see the combat log once that happens? Anyway, the only thing I can think happened is that they both hit me with criticals at the same time. But I had around 150 hp at the time (out of around 350), so the numbers don't look right to me. Something obviously killed me!!!