Guide to Varannari Reputation

AirRoar404

Since I see alot of people who need help with Varannari reputation I will help you all. This will be a long and in depth guide to gaining the maximum reputation or the minimum for path of the deer.

First off the max reputation available in the game for the varannari is 49, but for the quest "Path of the Deer" you only need 25. This is the most common struggle I see while going through the forums. Mind you these will be in order of progression from early game to late game.

If you do best hunter in the world which is the the first varannari mission you will likely encounter found in the Sagar forest to the south, you just need 1 perfect wolf pelt, you get these randomly from a wolf it will grant 3 reputation. The second one I recommend is to complete prisoner of the orcs, people usually do not think this will give varannari reputation but it does. This will grant you 4 reputation when you rescue and bring back Niur to Usham. You can find this quest in the southern bluemist river the the south side of the bridge with cut down trees.

Now next you will likely do the price of freedom, in north jabal hills in Jabal. If you talk to praetor arguing against the practice of slavery and calling mercians crazy, you will get negative reputation with jabal of 12 and mercia by 5 but you gain 5 with the varannari. I recommend only doing this if you are at last your rep and need 5 more to have 25 rep. You will gain 9 rep if you help free the slaves, but lose 3 rep if aided by legionaires to kill fast foot and his friends.

Next one you will likely do is in the Inori desert, here you can head up to Sydarun city and get 2 rep if you give Ruun a damaged wolf pelt, I usually do this one first because it is very easy. The next one will be in the Eastern Inori desert, talking with the slavers and helping the varannari will grant you 8 reputation and highly advise to not side with the slavers since you lose 10 reputation from the varannari if you do.

Doing all of these in the favor of the varannari will grant you about 26 plus 5 if you are desperate enough, calling the mercians crazy in Jabal. This will be enough to get all the good things from the varannari in the elder forest from beast master to the quest. You can even initiate another quest killing the Father of wolves before doing path of the deer if you are really in need of that much reputation.
NOTE: If you still low on reputation because you either didnt help the varannari or sided against them. Then you might have to just fight against them.
PS: You can also do sacred weapons if for some reason you are not at 25 rep with the varannari.

Last edited:
It is a good tip, but what if I said that it is possible to get 25 reputation with the varannar by doing just one of the two main missions, choosing between "human resources" or the "price of freedom"?
All you need to do is do the "I am the best hunter", "prisoner of the orcs" missions and give ruun a wolfskin to get a +9 reputation in total.
Then, perform the "holy weapons" mission to get +3, for a total of 12 reputation.
Choose between "the price of freedom" or "human resources" to have a +20 reputation. Then, do the new wolf quest in Elder Florest to get +5, totaling 25. This is enough to do the "patch of the deer" quest and choose the best option for the varannar leader's quest. This is the most time-consuming way to carry out the new varannar missions, but this way we can guarantee the equipment for that mission that we left behind, even though we already have more advanced equipment than this when we finish everything.

AirRoar404

It is a good tip, but what if I said that it is possible to get 25 reputation with the varannar by doing just one of the two main missions, choosing between "human resources" or the "price of freedom"?
All you need to do is do the "I am the best hunter", "prisoner of the orcs" missions and give ruun a wolfskin to get a +9 reputation in total.
Then, perform the "holy weapons" mission to get +3, for a total of 12 reputation.
Choose between "the price of freedom" or "human resources" to have a +20 reputation. Then, do the new wolf quest in Elder Florest to get +5, totaling 25. This is enough to do the "patch of the deer" quest and choose the best option for the varannar leader's quest. This is the most time-consuming way to carry out the new varannar missions, but this way we can guarantee the equipment for that mission that we left behind, even though we already have more advanced equipment than this when we finish everything.
This was merely a complete guide to getting it without hiccups. From the beginning to late game as you progress. And doing the sacred weapons is much later but I did forget about that sacred weapons quest. By then you wont need the rep from that corner of the world but maybe if you sided with the enemy?

AirRoar404

So the reason I formatted it this way in that order was that it was a progression guide and all available rep to acquire for those that are unaware.

Sadmind

I've done best hunter in the world, human resources, price of freedom, sacred weapons, given ruun the pelt, and father of wolves, but I've also done 2 town hall quests against them in Freetown. Im stuck at 24 rep. Is there anything I'm missing or am I hooped?

AirRoar404

I've done best hunter in the world, human resources, price of freedom, sacred weapons, given ruun the pelt, and father of wolves, but I've also done 2 town hall quests against them in Freetown. Im stuck at 24 rep. Is there anything I'm missing or am I hooped?
You might have more reputation if you do prisoner of the orcs. If not then you are pretty screwed since there's not renewable resource to varannari rep unlike Mercia which is why I don't mind going against them

Sadmind

You might have more reputation if you do prisoner of the orcs. If not then you are pretty screwed since there's not renewable resource to varannari rep unlike Mercia which is why I don't mind going against them
Damn. Apparently I've done that one too. Thanks for the help!

LORD STARK

Well...

It is impossible for me to obtain the required amount of reputation. Guess I will have to make another character.

Molokot

Eh, you could just check other threads, ... but , you can free Niur from orcs for some rep and kill wolf boss in new lair.