Grinding

ShadowJack

Hi
I am running a lvl 15 almost 16th lvl rogue and I am looking for some profitable dungeons to grind besides the minotaur dungeon.
I am also trying to find a set of Assassin gear and I have been through the Zamoran mountains about 10 times.I am guessing they are actually found in bluerock instead of outdoors like I was hoping.
Which brings me to one of the only things troubling me about this game.
The low drop rates for the better items requires us to rather mindlessly grind the same dungeon a few too many times to be logical.
I mean don't the monsters realize we will be back.they would be better off piling up their treasure at the front door so maybe we would let them off the hook?
Or even better set some more traps and try to ambush us as we return for the last piece of armor they know we are looking for?
I don't really have a solution besides increasing their drop rate which is I understand is a little greedy sounding but I really really hate having to do the same thing over and over again.
Thanx for some of the best gaming I have ever had !

RPGuru#32

I would start spending some cash you earned in minotaurs and buy heals and giant strength/poison shielding is helpful too. Then head to bluerock castle and start hitting that for a while. Most of the assassin gear is on elite bandits or blades. Eventually you will get most of the assassin gear pieces. Just save a lot by exiting and saving, or you can recall to freetown and rest in the inn for 6hrs and usually get back before the stuff repops, keep track of the time...
The exp is solid and the gear is nice too. As a rogue i would highly suggest clearing all of the hallways before entering any rooms, since running is a good strategy when you have legions with duel chasing you. You will die a lot until you learn where everyrhing is, but keep at it, eventually it is all worth the cost.

As far as drop rates... I cant help you there, we all have to do it and if you want specific, rare gear tou will need to grind for it unless you get lucky and get it quickly. I dont remember how many times i had to finish bluerock before i had a whole set of assassin gear, then to outfit companion... It takes a long time if you dont get lucky.

ShadowJack

Thanx.I am going back and forth between Bluerock , minotaur dungeon (the name escapes me at the moment) and the new Dungeon by Freetown.

Chaoscycle

At level 15 and looking for assassin armors and a good dungeon? Castle bluerock is the answer they all drop there.

feldon

Loreseeker
Focus on the rooms in Castle Blue rock with enemies named Nightblades...I believe they drop a majority, if not all, of the assassin set

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Elite Archer - Hood and Leggings
Nightblade - Gauntlets and Boots
A Lady - Guaranteed Gauntelts
Certain Chests, I would need to run the game and find them, in Bluerock, but Large Chest in Mercian Crypt - Cuirass and Leggings
Bandit King - Cuirass, Leggings, Hood

RPGuru#32

Assasin stuff is nice but...
Lionskin leggings are good too
And sometimes you will need to use different pieces to raise protection in a specific elemental type for certain enemies.

ShadowJack

Yup.
I got 2 pieces from a couple of nightblades and yes I am striving for an undead fighting set and a dragon hunting set(s) so I am still plugging along.
The Maze still seems to be the best grind zone for cold hard cash for potions.
I blew through 25 90pt heals in bluerock but it was so worth it.
Thanx again guys