Greedy on potion spaming

life tiger

About 10 years ago I played a game where after each giant boss my inv would be empty of health potions... and in this game I seem to be really greedy on drinking potions and some times die because of that... are you also greedy on drinking potions or do I have a problem...?

Aussie Dude

I only drink healing potions if I'm going to lose a leg. Friguld rum on the other hand...... hicc-upp!!!! Throw me outta the Bridges Maiden cause no one can tell me where a dragon is!.......I could kill all you townies with a steel mace! you know I could!!!!! Hicc-upp!!!! errrrrr I might have a problem here! Hicc-upp!

Roukan

Loreseeker
Think I can relate to that. I'd keep maybe a little over a hundred potions on quick slot for easy use. They're relatively cheap, no reason not to stock up for emergencies...

But out of a strange obsession with hoarding potions like some freakish pack rat, I'd delay on usage of potions till it's absolutely necessary. Not a mere "my hp is rather low, better pot" kind of necessary, rather more like "I'd die if I don't pot within the next second!". Many needless deaths later, and I still haven't learnt my lesson.

I'll admit I might also have a slight problem here. But that's okay, admittance is the first step to recovery.

Anomandaris

It depends. I have no hesitation to use potions while completing a quest or fighting a higher level rumor boss but can't ever bring myself to use even one while grinding, even if I have 400,000 gold and am only really going for XP. My biggest problem is with the rare ones - I still have Potions of Epic Death Resistance just sitting in my vault.

Razznik

Roukan":383cdjuq said:
Think I can relate to that. I'd keep maybe a little over a hundred potions on quick slot for easy use. They're relatively cheap, no reason not to stock up for emergencies...

But out of a strange obsession with hoarding potions like some freakish pack rat, I'd delay on usage of potions till it's absolutely necessary. Not a mere "my hp is rather low, better pot" kind of necessary, rather more like "I'd die if I don't pot within the next second!". Many needless deaths later, and I still haven't learnt my lesson.

I'll admit I might also have a slight problem here. But that's okay, admittance is the first step to recovery.
Haha I'm the same... I should be better about using them. :p

VDX_360

Staff member
I tend to be overly stingy with potions and items, but in this game, when you're sitting on a dragon's horde worth of gold, what else are you going to use them for? Healing potions, shield potions, potions of might, endless protection potions....

Razznik

VDX_360":1317zwzo said:
I tend to be overly stingy with potions and items, but in this game, when you're sitting on a dragon's horde worth of gold, what else are you going to use them for? Healing potions, shield potions, potions of might, endless protection potions....
Let's see a few good uses are... forgetting to use them in a hard battle, not using them and getting kill with a lot of unsaved work, and storing them in your valt so you can hold more junk to sell for more worthless gold when you actually need them. :)

I hope my suggestions were helpful (in making you laugh) and that you will remember to always use the wrong potions at a bad time.

OK I'll stop now and go hide in that corner...

life tiger

VDX_360":36jt1k9e said:

I think if you use about 5 90 health potions and get the dragons treasure.... then you'll still lose money

VDX_360

Staff member
Razznik":1fn5egac said:
.... remember to always use the wrong potions at a bad time. ...

I used Death Ward potion to prep for a fight with a Skeleton.... My brain refuses to accept that Skelentons do Cold damage, not Death damage.