Got softlocked

Dodo

Ok so I basically got trapped in Seventh House's guild by entering it while being chased by a rat. Kardagis of course came to the rescue and started fighting it in the doorway but once the threat got defeated she didn't move out of the way. Unfortunately, before I realised the gap between her and the wall wouldn't be big enough to squizee through I saved as I was about to see what would I gain after entering their guild and wanted to have a way out of that.

Honestly I don't even know what to expect in terms of help but i just have really hard time letting go of this savefile. It was my first one and my character here is at the 9th level already.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Continue Game > Yellow Folder button > continue from autosave

Comrey

Translator
Elaborating on what David said, when you select to load from autosave (either through the yellow folder in the start screen, or by simply selecting "load" in the pause menu), you'll end up at the last inn you slept at. It's a neat little feature specifically meant to prevent situations like these.

It happens more often than you think, haha. I remember once when I was low on HP and tried to drink a potion in my quickslots, I misclicked and managed to quicksave instead. It caused a load-die-load-die-load-die loop until I realised I could simply reload from an old autosave. I lost maybe 20 minutes of progress, but at least I didn't lose my savefile, so now I make it a point to visit inns as often as I can. :p Best of luck, mate!