Google Play - Full License - Error: Transaction could not be completed

Pana Rao

Hello fellow Exiled travelers and support team,

While attempting to purchase the full license on my Samsung S4 I receive a generic unhelpful error. 'Error: Transaction could not be completed'

What I have done:

1.) Searched forums for the solution and tried a few of the suggestions
2.) Uninstalled game
3.) Removed all accounts in Google Play (I have three) and added just one account in Google Play
4.) Removed the credit card payment info and re-added successfully to the one account
5.) Made an ingame purchase today in Clash of Clans with that account
6.) Installed the game on my phone with the same results

I understand this is most likely an issue with Google .......... I figured it was worth asking again as I really really would like to unlock and play the full game.

Any other thoughts, suggestions, ideas are most welcome !!!!

Thank you in advance,

Wishes to be a cleric,

Pana Rao

VDX_360

Staff member
@Pana Rao, Welcome to the Forum! We try to solve your game related questions but as you noted, this might be an issue beyond the game. Tagging, the Developer, @DavidBVal, as a FYI.

Did you clear your internet history / cache / cookies? An internet search suggests that might be the most common fix? As you note, there are lots of possible reasons so it's hard to give an exact solution.

Here's a Youtube video on the issue. I just located it via an internet search so can't comment on if the video will be helpful in your case.

Fingers crossed

VDX

Pana Rao

Wow @VDX_360 ... amazing response time and comprehensive response... kudos for a fantastic team!!!!

While that did not resolve my issue it was helpful as I had not cleared the cache.

I found a work around for my case at least though which may help others ...

****Solution*****
1.) Log into Amazon.com
2.) Purchase $25 digital email delivered Google Play credits to the Google Play account (using the same CC CARD! Lol).
3.) Log into my email and active the credit to my account
4.) The game store then allowed me to use the credit for the purchase

/happy dance for joy

More than I wanted to spend now but I am licensed 😁🤗👍🤩🙏💚💫👑

Thank you again

Pana

Some mysteries will remain a mystery 🤣

VDX_360

Staff member
Because that worked, it seems the issue has something to do with how your account / your device was tracking your card. There's a quagmire of cookies, login credentials and internet black magic that can make it a pain to sort out.

Enjoy the game. If you get stuck, feel free to come back or check out the Wiki (link at the top of the page).