Gold farming: Steel Coast (and Nilomar Cape) vs Jabal and the minotaurs

ClockworkGhost

Both have their positives and negatives - Jabal and the minotaurs are easier to farm due to the area being farmed for gold being a dungeon with set encounter locations, so a quicker journey with no searching, but farming the minotaurs usually requires a recall scroll to get back, and may not be profitable if they aren't dropping bluesteel weapons.

Steel Coast requires more active searching, but platemail drops, charms, and mauls bring higher prices. You also don't need to recall, and there's more room to run if you get cornered.

What do you guys think?

ShadowJack

Re: Gold farming: Steel Coast vs Jabal

I am going to give it a try shrtly.
Thanx I need the gold !

Maze of Lamth is still my favorite for farming. Nice and quick, I always get a full inventory (usually a min of 6 blue steel weapons and usually armour/other nicely priced item) with the added bonus of getting some emeralds too. And as mentioned in the previous post you know where roughly everything is and what you're up against which means an emptied inventory as no need to prepare for surprises.

Warrior.Jay

Made of Lamth has more valuable drops, the bluesteel weapons and chainmail leggings.. But the Nilomar Cape area has the Ursan Charm and Platemail leggings which are just as valuable, and the steel and Vulcan mauls bring a pretty penny too... I'm pretty fond of the Cape, because the enemies are a lot closer together and i seem to fill up my inventory faster. Even if it's just steel axes, I can bring two loads out almost as fast as I can clear the maze and fill up my inventory once. It might just be me, but. The coast seems like a faster fill up....

And I'm comparing the Nilomar Cape area to The Maze... the Steel Coast is awesome, but a lot of archers.. with a scroll of wisdom, or a donation at the altar, it's excellent for Exp farming, but not my favorite gold farming area.

feldon

Loreseeker

Wo recall scroll, Steel coast requires a longer run while Maze is a shorter run even from the back of the maze if you're being stingy. Just saying...

Another bonus for SC is the closeness of a Enclave for teleporting to Freetown. The most efficient money making run involves filling an empty vault w your loot from your grind spot. Once full, warp and sell everything off at the higher price points in FT.

Don Desini

Loreseeker

I owe everything I have to the maze and minotaur slaying.

ClockworkGhost

Warrior.Jay":1r8lvz64 said:
And I'm comparing the Nilomar Cape area to The Maze... the Steel Coast is awesome, but a lot of archers.. with a scroll of wisdom, or a donation at the altar, it's excellent for Exp farming, but not my favorite gold farming area.

I'm including the cape as part of the coast, for sure. The whole east coast is currently proving more profitable, good it's just a quick boat ride from home too :)

feldon

Loreseeker

ClockworkGhost":tndiqv0v said:
Warrior.Jay":tndiqv0v said:

I'm including the cape as part of the coast, for sure. The whole east coast is currently proving more profitable, good it's just a quick boat ride from home too :)

My early comment should have been about Nilomar not Steel. That bunker camp is a pain to clear...

Also, not sure if you care about in game time, but you can save 'time' by using the Enclave in Sagar to NG. Only uses 2-3 in game hours as opposed to a day (or whatever it is by boat).

Dimidium

The maze is the best source of gold there is. The mauls and such aren't worth as much, and I can clear the maze like a robot.

Plus, the maze has another floor that may possibly have a minotaur king... We dont know yet.

ClockworkGhost

feldon":1tprr30p said:
Also, not sure if you care about in game time, but you can save 'time' by using the Enclave in Sagar to NG. Only uses 2-3 in game hours as opposed to a day (or whatever it is by boat).

Can't use the enclave, I'm a criminal to the mages :(