Gold Farming and Experience Level 15+

NutsOSteel

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my gold farming/experience points run that I started doing with a warrior around level 15. I'm sure you can do it at lower levels as well, your run just won't be as long.

You start at Lannegar and work your way to the Wyvern Mountains (ignore the wolves in Northwest Sagar Forest and North Sagar Forest in between).

One you get to the Wyvern Mountains, start working east and kill the Wyvern Whelps. After that, you'll be on the east end of the map, work your way west through the center of the map killing White Wolves. You'll then find yourself on the west end of the map again, head north and start killing Wyverns and then go east through the mountains. The run will end at Icemarrow Cave. I've attached a map for easy reference.

There are multiple advantages to this run:
1. White Wolf Skins are STACKABLE and worth 150 gold when sold to the Varannari hunters.
2. Wyverns have a high drop rate for small emeralds worth 300 gold and emeralds worth 500 gold which you can sell to the ugly guy Orduc in Jabal. Both are stackable.
3. Lots of mobs for experience. When you get near level 20 you can start just running through a lot of the mobs and train'ing them. If you're a warrior, a whirlwind and cleave will quickly mash through big groups of enemies. The best part is that the wolves almost never give up, when I was level 20+ I would collect half the wolves on the map and kill them all at once...time saver! One thing to note, if your companion dies, the wolves around it will stop chasing. Also, your companion will not respawn until you kill the wolves around him/her.
4. The travel time from Lannegar is short. Once you're rich start using a scroll of recall to save the travel time back to Lannegar.
5. When you become level 20+ you will be able to clear out all the mobs in Wyvern Valley, then just head into Icemarrow Cave and start clearing out the many Hobgoblins; again great experience and loot. Watch out for the Ice Shamans though, their paralyze will occasionally ruin your day.
6. It's outdoors so you can save at any time.

I've been level 25 for sometime now, but I did this run for most of my higher grinding and currently have 1.7 million gold. I use speed potions like they're crack and still have enough left to buy Grissenda steak for dinner every night. Hope it helps!

(I didn't put the White Wolves on the map because there are so many, also I think I'm missing 2 Wyverns on the map).

Attachments

• 800px-Wyvern_Mountains.jpg
    800px-Wyvern_Mountains.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,861

Razorback

I killed lots and lots of Minotaurs in their dungeon from about levels 11-18. I'm at 18 now. But I've been going after giants in crimson hills here lately.

past caring

Hmmm....it's a level 8 gold mining run I could do with.

Wierd because my 1st time round rogue is level 18 and I don't remember cash ever being a problem (no trouble buying the NG house, getting the 4 vaults, re-setting skills etc) with a little bit of grinding/farming......just decided to start afresh when I realised I managed to sell a couple of unique items early on that I ended up wanting. But this new level 8 character is struggling a bit, lol.

Suppose what I'm saying is that by the time you're level 15 plus whether you do minotaurs/maze, ursanas/primal bears or the route suggested in the OP (which does look good) I don't see cash being a problem. I mean $1.7million??? Why?? There's nothing to spend it on.....

life tiger

You can use it to buy potions and scrolls but I think that warriors need money the most cuz of all that armour that only they can use...

NutsOSteel

life tiger":lv15k86e said:
Do you know how much xp and moneys you get each run? With and without the cave

Good question, I just ran through Wyvern Mountains once and here are the results (No XP bonus, didn't go through Icemarrow Cave either):

10 Wyvern Whelps - 51xp+37xp (hero+companion)
31 White Wolfs - 63xp+46xp
10 Wyverns - 91xp+65xp
6 Hobgoblins - 51xp+37xp
Total Hero XP: 3985

5 small emeralds x 300 gold
12 white wolf pelts x 150 gold
1 emerald x 500 gold
719 gold in drops
Total gold: 4519 gold

I know one run isn't scientific at all, but it should be good enough. Like I mentioned, the real advantage is the items are stackable, so you're not throwing away a bunch of items like runs at Nilomar Cape. Also, a lot of mobs for xp.

NutsOSteel

past caring":h0yo090t said:
Hmmm....it's a level 8 gold mining run I could do with.

Wierd because my 1st time round rogue is level 18 and I don't remember cash ever being a problem (no trouble buying the NG house, getting the 4 vaults, re-setting skills etc) with a little bit of grinding/farming......just decided to start afresh when I realised I managed to sell a couple of unique items early on that I ended up wanting. But this new level 8 character is struggling a bit, lol.

Suppose what I'm saying is that by the time you're level 15 plus whether you do minotaurs/maze, ursanas/primal bears or the route suggested in the OP (which does look good) I don't see cash being a problem. I mean $1.7million??? Why?? There's nothing to spend it on.....

You're right, gold isn't an issue at later levels, that 1.7 million is mainly the result of just grinding to level 25, but if you're going to grind might as well get rich doing it. Also, I think it's probably still the fastest way to grind xp based on just the number of mobs in Wyvern Mountains and Icemarrow Cave.

Suppose what I'm saying is, if you're going to get to level 25 why not make money. Also, I imagine the updates will have plenty to spend gold on.

life tiger

The loot and moneys is not bad but my royal tomb is still better unless it takes longer to complete each run and at my lvl I can take out most of the traps which gives a good bit of xp

Mels

I have been doing this run before I read this but I still prefer the nilomar cape run because it's quicker and risk free. Also I found the stars in farming were the primeval bears with their amazing xp and the fact the pelt they drop sells for 1.5k. WM has 3 primeval bears but 2 are together and I wouldn't fight 2 (they can be split). The dungeon in WM has those paralysis mobs and as an ironman player I struggle to find the logic about this mechanic: even getting the highest resist you can get prior to fighting those mobs there is still the chance to be permanently paralysed due to the lack of diminishing returns. The more I progress in ironman the more I feel like restarting on hard, other than getting 1 shot by a ground effect the most annoying way to die would be to be beaten to death,while unable to react, by a paralyse mob due to unlucky rng.