GoG version versus Android version

DaleTilgo2022

I've been playing the trial version on Android and was on the verge of purchasing a full license for Android when I discovered that there was a PC version. Is there a trial version for PC? How are the controls on PC versus Android? The impression I'm getting is that the game is more touch screen optimized.

VDX_360

Staff member
Android and PC have same game. Apple store is a few updates outdated (and may stay that way due to Apple).

My last playthroughs were all on the PC. You can set up the key bindings how every you like so that helps.

What I do is use my right hand arrow keys to move character, than use left hand to set up commands. Still use the mouse for misc. things such as dialogue options, selling, etic.

Example:
Primary Skills: A, S, D, F are the four main skills ( F being #1, so my index finger rests on it).
Spare Skills: W, E. R
Interact: T
Quick Item1: G (weapon swap out)
Quck Item2: H (potion)
Chacter Screen: C
Map V
Recover: Y
Quick Save: Q

p4ran0id

Staff member
There is no really a trial version, but you can use steam and refund if you don't like it. Of course you can't play for hours and ask for refund after that, but as long as you really try only you will get the money back. Did it more than once (with other games) on steam. 10min should be enough to find out if you like it or not.

DaleTilgo2022

Attn VDX_360 -- Thank you for your input and the sample control layout. It appears that the PC version is 100% keyboard and mouse optimized. Is it possible to move diagonally using the keyboard arrows? Is it possible to hug a wall in order to avoid a center placed trap in a narrow passageway?

Attn p4ran0id -- Thank you for the try before you buy information. I've reached level 7 with a warrior on the Android trial version so I'm sold on the game. I'm trying to discover any differences in the UI or controls between the two versions.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Regarding controls, it maybe mostly depends on you, your skills, dexterity, things like that. UI can be customized, so you can configure it to your liking, but will that be better for you, or worse, only you can say. I prefer keyboard controls to playing on phone, but it's me.

VDX_360

Staff member
@DaleTilgo2022:
Yes, one can move diagonally. Standard double key (e.g. Up + Right = Diagonally up to the right).
Yes, one can move around a wide hallway to try to avoid a detected traps.
There's no difference in the game between mobile and PC (except for the Apply issue noted above).

DaleTilgo2022

Regarding controls, it maybe mostly depends on you, your skills, dexterity, things like that. UI can be customized, so you can configure it to your liking, but will that be better for you, or worse, only you can say. I prefer keyboard controls to playing on phone, but it's me.

After I posted that it occurred to me how obsessive I was being. I tend to agree with you that while the touch controls are usable on a phone they do have certain limitations.
Post automatically merged:    

@DaleTilgo2022:
Yes, one can move diagonally. Standard double key (e.g. Up + Right = Diagonally up to the right).
Yes, one can move around a wide hallway to try to avoid a detected traps.
There's no difference in the game between mobile and PC (except for the Apply issue noted above).

Thank you for being supremely patient and helpful. My current system is a 2nd gen core i5 with 4GB ram and integrated Intel graphics. Can I comfortably run EK?

VDX_360

Staff member
Uh.... I don't speak computer.

I have no idea of what the exact requirements are for the game. Does it say online, on Steam or the Andorid market?

DaleTilgo2022

Uh.... I don't speak computer.

I have no idea of what the exact requirements are for the game. Does it say online, on Steam or the Andorid market?

The requirements I was able to find stated a 1Ghz processor with 1GB ram and OpenGL 3.2 support. I don't know if my integrated graphics support OpenGL 3.2 or if they're capable of any 3D acceleration. Do you have a more tech literate friend that you could ask?

p4ran0id

Staff member
The requirements I was able to find stated a 1Ghz processor with 1GB ram and OpenGL 3.2 support. I don't know if my integrated graphics support OpenGL 3.2 or if they're capable of any 3D acceleration. Do you have a more tech literate friend that you could ask?

What's your stats? Intel processors after first generation should be able to run it.

Intel graphics is build in since i3/i5/i7 with 4 digits (like 4xxx) only first generation had no (9xx)

Edit: found something for you

Download GWPG Benchmarks

It's OpenGL benchmark, you don't have to care about the result, if it run it means you already have OpenGL support. Exidled Kingdoms doesn't has much requirement, so if benchmark works im 99% sure the game would also run

Last edited: