Get Adaon back

Platform
All

lucekek

I'm playing the old save back from 2017, already has 80h played and i presume (can't remember) I might have killed Adaon by accident or something.. it stops me from doing trail and error quest and advancing with Rouge's guild. Will there be any way of getting Adaon back? I find it sad that such important character can be lost at the beginning of the game without even knowing the consequences :(

VDX_360

Staff member
The only way to loose Adaon is if you left him in the cage way back in the New Garand Sewers.

If you rescued him, and he's not currently in your party, than he's handing out in the NW corner of New Garand, and if you have a house, he's in there, too.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
doing trail and error quest and advancing with Rouge's guild
find it sad that such important character can be lost at the beginning of the game without even knowing the consequences

This a hardcore RPG, brutality abounds. If you leave Adaon in the cage you do lose the T&E quest but Adaon has no impact on any 7th House (Thieves Guild) quests. You can also lose access to Grissenda at the start too. Again you lose her Call of the Blood quest but that's all.

But no matter what you do you'll always have access to Hirge, so it's not like you can discard all Companions.

WITHERSCHAEDEL

Translator
I rememberig making this mistake back in around 2018/19 and so I had to start a new game to complete all quests.
But hey at least Janod never became mad at me in that safe lol
So I decided always to quick save before dialogues

VDX_360

Staff member
Mistake?

"Choice" maybe,. But Mistake? Nah, that implies an error. And there's nothing wrong with leaving Adaon to rot in a cage. He robbed you in your sleep, never forget.

WITHERSCHAEDEL

Translator
Yeah that's right.
Mistake back then still even if it was choice because I wanted to complete all quests in my first save.
At least I am pretty close right now :)