Gem Question

Invector

I haven't been paying much attention to threads pertaining to the new update as I wanted to explore things on my own. But right now I'm still building up a Cleric and a Rogue and haven't really done much with the new quests. Not knowing what the new update entailed I started saving the various gems, thinking they could possibly be needed for one of the new quests. But I've run out of storage space and would like to make some room if the gems I'm saving aren't going to be needed for any of those new quests. For those of you who have done them---are gems needed or not? Thanks.

Invector

Not sure if that helps, VDX. With the exception of the Lifestone, everything else on the page pertains to pre-update quests, and from what I understand, the wiki hasn't been updated to show those new quests. So I'm wondering if any particular gems are needed for those? If the Gem page HAS been updated to reflect all the new quests then I guess you answered my question. Is that the case? Thanks

VDX_360

Staff member
Other than the lifestone, I don't recall any gem issues in the update.
Pelts, yes. Gems, no.
I could be in error. It's been known to happen.

The two big gems things are the diamonds for the End Game swords, and the emeralds for the ring. Both are those are pre-last-update. The rest of the gem things aren't too bad to collect. Pearls can be hit-or-miss but enough things drop them to make it rather doable even with bad RNG luck.

Invector

Thanks for the info. I'll just go ahead and sell all those sapphires, rubies, and diamonds (I've got enough Adamantite swords) that I've accumulated. It will certainly be a big boost to my gold stash that's for sure.

Vitas

You shouldn't sell diamonds! If you did I guess I'm late 😑

The best strategy is to create Adamantite greatswords. One Adamantite greatsword is sold for 3000, bluesteel greatsword is 525, 10 diamonds are 1200

3000 - (525+1200) = 1275 that's your profit.

Also for each Adamantite weapon you get 1000 xp

The way I do it is collect Adamantite greatswords (usually from orc warlords in random encounters) and go to Stridsibum to cash some Adamantite weapons plus a nice chunk of exp (exp scrolls are good for this strat)

Sell the weapons to female merchant in Grey library in Freetown.

Though the best way to do it is having Gate spell ( or else you need to walk a lot). I guess Gate isn't that bad, @VDX_360 😎

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's not that gate is "bad" it's that scrolls of teleport only require item management and gold, and gold is almost free in this game. So you're wasting valuable skill points.

Vitas

Since when is gold free??

It starts to be easy to farm in Sunken Citadel, that's right before the Ark, that means right before end of the game. Before that what you do is filling your inventory with items at around 200 gold (like iron shields.)Some are even cheaper like steel weapons at the price of 100.

The game also requires you to swap your armor/ weapon/potions appropriate for different areas.
Many players like to collect unique equipment, that means you need a way to access freely your stashes in Tower of Tremadan/New Garand/Nivarian.

How many teleport scrolls can you afford? That's 600 gold for 1 piece, man!

I totally disagree with you, the Gate skill is not an absolute necessity but it makes life MUCH easier.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's fine to collect unique equipment, be it for souvenirs or later utility, but gold is basically free. Grind whatever area you are capable of and stack it up.

Vitas

Grinding means working for that gold. That's not free. Also I'm not a fan of grinding and it's not really necessary in this game. The only places I did it was Sunken Citadel and Ark for endgame items