Game balance issue: XP after level 6

0rion79

Hi all,

probably you are already aware of this, yet I would like to focus your attention on an issue that is not really a bug, more a game balance issue.

The game runs pretty smoothly till level 6, after which it gets really hard to level up and progress in the game because all of the remaining quests are really hard to accomplish: monsters swarm me or are too strong even individually.

I had an easier time with the warrior, now I am experiencing with the cleric waiting for the next update and I have been barely been able to level up at level 9 because monsters don't give enough experience in comparison to their challenge rate and there is plenty of quests that I cannot complete because monsters in dungeons are too strong.

My only options left are to grind nearby Kingsbridge town in the Deadwood cemetery, yet even with 2 rings of death ward (+30) per main character and follower, it is extremely hard to accomplish; or to complete city hall quests, that forces me to constantly run through the map and it is boring.

I cannot offer any focused solution to this problem because this would probably waste the sense of freedom and the non-linear progression in the game. Perhaps just increasing the XP provided by strongest monsters would help, or at least provide an XP bonus at Casual Level.

Cheers.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to Feedback, will get back to this when I'm done with the current update.