Future of Varannar

Xen

Loreseeker
I know David won't be updating EK anytime soon, so I just want to ponder about some things;

1. Will we see more of Mercian territory in the next update?
2. Can we still experience crafting/enchantment in the future even if David cancelled that concept?
3. Will we be able to meet the leaders of each kingdom in Varannar? e.g. King of Varsilia, Queen of Ilmara (basically Hirge's mother), Queen of Thuram, Queen of Mercia
4. Will we be able to enter the temple in Nivaria to meet The Three or at least Thelume?
5. Will there be more stash for our growing roster of equipments?
6. Will we be able to buy houses in Icemist and Mercia?
7. Will there be new mechanics for the game like something to do with Factions' reputation and Town Hall quest?

Last edited:

Duck123

Loreseeker
I would like a battle tower. The enemies in it could increase in level forever which would be nice for higher level players. Maybe with unique items at floor milestones. Lore wise maybe it could be a place arbenos made to find a champion or something?

VDX_360

Staff member
There's likely no plans for a "battle tower" or other endless fights. That type of set-up just isn't supported by the game design and game mechanics.

I would oppose more storage. There's already a ton of it in the game. All more storage will do is encourage more collecting of 2nd tier items. Keep the best, keep a few here and there. No reason to keep one of everything.

For clarity the game has:
1) Backpack
2) Bag of holding
3) Town Vault x4
4) House chests x4 (two in each house)
5) Tower chests x2
6) Store equipment on Companions (x3).

So that's 12 chest size storage areas plus storing things on Companions.

Xen

Loreseeker
Problem with that is it will be harder to be flexible plus there will be more new and unique items to come. Though it's okay if there will be enchantment in the future, I mean you can upgrade equipment to its finest quality and we'll just make 6 weapons and 1 armor set for the PC and the Companion
Post automatically merged:    

IMHO additional storage won't hurt 'coz it won't affect inventory management, the current available storage barely hold each kind of item even without the common and uncommon ones.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I know David won't be updating EK anytime soon, so I just want to ponder about some things;

1. Will we see more of Mercian territory in the next update?
2. Can we still experience crafting/enchantment in the future even if David cancelled that concept?
3. Will we be able to meet the leaders of each kingdom in Varannar? e.g. King of Varsilia, Queen of Ilmara (basically Hirge's mother), Queen ot Thuram, Queen of Mercia
4. Will we be able to enter the temple in Nivaria to meet The Three or at least Thelum?
5. Will there be more stash for our growing roster of equipments?
6. Will we be able to buy houses in Icemist and Mercia?
7. Will there be new mechanics for the game like something to do with Factions' reputation and Town Hall quest?

We can't technically buy a house in Icemist, but personally, I've been living in the Greyrune Manor rent free! ;)

What I would love most would be to join the Varanaari Witches and serve the Lady of the Night. I want to bring darkness and despair upon the world :D Would be awesome if joining the witches gave us like -100 Reputation everywhere lolll. "Public enemy number one" loll

Oh and also I'd like an ending in which we get to become a god at the end of the Temple of the Sleepers.

Oooooooor maybe meet the Queen of Thuram, and have the option of marrying her and becoming king. Or kill the little bitch, and marry her brother the Prince and reign over Thuram with him. Frankly, everybody hates the queen, so I'd pick option 2 loll.

And meet Mercia's royal family, poison them, lead the 13 legion in a rebellion against the First Hand and free the slaves!

So much ideas... So little time...

9. Will Roger Leafstrike make a reappearance (and give a proper reward for rescuing him)
10. Will Doug the farmer ever be found
11. Will Thaurum leggings show up to complete the set.

Xen

Loreseeker
8. Will we be able to see Princess Elleira again?
I see, you fell in love with the Frog Princess 😅
Post automatically merged:    

9. Will Roger Leafstrike make a reappearance (and give a proper reward for rescuing him)
10. Will Doug the farmer ever be found
11. Will Thaurum leggings show up to complete the set.
I like the idea for no. 9 and we can connect it by meeting the King of Varsilia along with other noble houses. As for 10, i doubt it will ever happen since the dialogue for that was way back from 5 years ago and I think it's connected with either the Mount Storme or the undead ritual incident in Nayau Tomb.

Last edited: