Flame Summoner Cleric

RB33

So I decided to remake my 2nd cleric build by going down the flame summoner route.

He's currently a member of the Three, already has flames of faith skill and I now have enough credits to get the Battle Prayer skill.

The latest that I saw about Battle Prayer here in the forums was dated January 2019. Is Battle Prayer still worth it? Or am I better off with another skill like retribution?

I'm also looking into getting Summon Dire Wolf, Summoner and Gate skills to complete my magic side of the build

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Because Battle Prayer is a group buff, it's more useful if you have summons and party members.

See here.

RB33

Pref

Which means I'm on the right track for my build at the moment...

I would assume, based on your answer, that Battle Prayer has stayed the same since the January 2019 thread about it?

VDX_360

Staff member
I --think-- Battle Prayer has been unchanged for the last few major updates... so yeah?

I've taken a summoner Cleric to the end of content on hard so it's doable. I personally prefer to play with a Cleric in the Warriors Guild but it's clearly possible to beat the game with the build you have in mind.

RB33

Thank you for the confirmation. I have yet to experience being a cleric in the strictest sense of the name. The last holy warrior type that I have played with any familiarity would be the Paladin class in Diablo II which comes closest to your preferred build.My first cleric build was more in-line with yours with the difference in that he's with the Cleric guild so there are some skills that are sure to be different from yours.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I may might as well give this Summoner Cleric build a go. It's certainly proving to be a different experience for me so far.

Speaking of skills, since this Cleric build that I am making is essentially a variation of "Child of Faith" Build, I am now on the fence with regards to choosing between the Summoner and Bloodlust skills. The Gate skill is a non-negotiable must have for me after having experienced its benefits on my first cleric build.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you're going the Summoner Cleric build, than Summoner might be a better fit.

Flames of Faith is mana intensive, but with a party / against a crow, it can be quite powerful.

RB33

So I took your advice and the skills that I have left to grind are Summoner and Gate. And I must say... Why haven't I tried this kind of build earlier? At Level 12, taking down crowds of Orcs, Undead, bandits and trolls has become a breeze compared to my first Cleric run where I initially had trouble taking on crowds. I have yet to take on the Lich at the Inori tomb but this build looks promising to me... Even against imps inside Gorx Lair, I'm able to handle them due to Battle Prayer and Guardian Wolf. I'm very much enjoying this compared to my first Cleric build so far.