[FIXED] loading bug

tal

version beta 0.6.882
Happend 2 or 3 times i loaded after i died(the shame)

first time the town was empty with only mobs second time mobs in the water...

adding the screenshots

mOcNu4m.jpg

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: [BUG] loading bug

Okay... this is my number one bug now, I've been trying to reproduce it for a very long time. It's driving me crazy.

Please if you have a backup, email it to me (use the in-game red support button). If not, generate one from Continue Game menu, then email it.

Question about first pic, kingsbridge: You died in the orc lair, and then continued game, and appeared in Kingsbridge, right? You had not quicksaved in all the way to the orc lair? or you did save, but the game still continued in Kingsbridge?

do you remember if your game was interrupted by a phone call, or maybe you closed using the home button, or anything else?

any small bit of info may help!

tal

Sry i dont have a backup and i posted few hours after it happened.. i continue playing sins then..
but as i recall the first one happened after i went to the orc fort at the bottom of this map and died and then rage closed the game..
second one was same thing just in the dungeon where the pic was taken.. was killed at the platform that have lots of orc.. and again i was rage quit the game cause i freed the prisoner from there and died so had to run it again.
if it will happen again ill try to remember to send u the backup files...
it seems bugs find me a lot this days

sinoako9

This happened to me a few times. The only way for me to recreate is getting interrupted by a phone call or text messages without hitting the home button, ie. Directly hitting pressing the notification that pops up on top. Clicking the home button for me sometimes forces save and exit the game but loads where I left off without going to game selection screen.

Now I'm not sure if it'll carry on to the savefile if I save after the encounter but it usually gets "fixed" after going to a different map.

Reloading to previous savefile does not help, never tried loading a different character game slot though.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

tal":2ileouux said:
and died and then rage closed the game..
second one was same thing just in the dungeon where the pic was taken.. was killed at the platform that have lots of orc.. and again i was rage quit the game cause i freed the prisoner from there and died so had to run it again.

Can you please specify how you ragequit... do you "save and exit", or something else?

incidentally, regarding the orc lair...
there's 3 ways to get to the prisoner area deep into the orc lair. the central one, through the Elites, is very hard, but if you go through the south, it is way easier.

sinoako9":2ileouux said:
This happened to me a few times. The only way for me to recreate is getting interrupted by a phone call or text messages without hitting the home button, ie. Directly hitting pressing the notification that pops up on top.

Okay... I think we're getting somewhere here. The problem is with a "cached" game level, which is carried over from the previous game into the reloaded one.

tal

I'm on Nexus 5 so ragequit is press the square and slide the app to close

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I haven't found the exact cause yet, but I really want to release an update with a lot of small fixes, and with trollfens bridges back in place.

So what I did is, adding a area-loading exhaustive log. Whenever anyone (running .883) has this problem again, please send me a backup, it will include the log file which, hopefully, will give me the info I need to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance, this is the last "major" bug in Exiled Kingdoms, and once I leave it behind, I'll be able to focus on content much more.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

Just to mention my observation I have with "zero" save slot. It looks like it can mess some things, I reported bug with continuing game, where it points to oldest saved game, not the most recent. I sent you backup where this is constantly so, if you still have it.

Though I never had something similar to this, I had problems with continuing game and it probably is connected with forceful exit from game, if there wasn't recent save game.

I'd inspect "zero" save game code. It looks it messes things up. :( Other save slots probably work fine.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

that slot sometimes save the game automatically when Android pauses/minimizes the game. that's maybe the culprit, but I need someone to reproduce it and send me a backup to figure it out. .883 already logs all the information I need.