FINDING save files on a broken phone via USB cable

Zeekoslav

As many of you guys, I also got hooked on EK, the thing is my first mobile fell on the ground and my screen got broken. so normal thing to do in this situation is to go and buy new phone just coz I wanted to see if I lost my save files, and yes, yes I did. So I wonder is it possible to find save files on my broken phone via USB cable, plz tell me I don't need to start all over again.
Mod Note: title changed to better reflect support question. "Please help me" is polite but a bit vague :)

VDX_360

Staff member
Short Answer: I want to say yes, but the exact process may depend on your phone and may require the assistance of a phone technician. You might want to try using the internet to find a step-by-step manual for locating and retrieving specific files from your phone via a port connection or remotely.

Good luck and maybe someone else on the forum has experience with this exact issue?

Kuratha

Staff member
Most phones do have several external ways to access internal storage.
*Common ways: USB cable, Bluetooth, Internet, File Manger Apps, Browser Access

***USB cable: In your case, using a USB cable is probably the most viable option.
-Downsides, some phone require confirmation via you phone in order to access internal memory.

***App: Whatever program you used on your phone in order to buy/acquire EK from (e.g. Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc). You can often download temporary data 'backups' from said Apps. Or use emulators for these apps and access them there. A viable option.
-Downsides, often the data is a day or so old. Often the game hasn't been linked to anything to retrieve the data from.

***Browser Access: programs like 'WiFi File Explorer', etc gives you a web link to access remotely your files.
-Downsides, you often need to have given XDevice permission beforehand.

***Internet: You create a temporary IP address in order link and change your phone's most recent internet connection thumbnail to access the memory of XDevice.
-Downsides, often the data is a day or so old. Requires to have given XDevice permission beforehand.

Hopefully these first two options gives you more ideas to try. Best of luck~

Links to similar backup recovery Topics:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14170&hilit=Backup
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10866&hilit=Backup
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10175&hilit=Backup

Zeekoslav

Ok it seems in some point game saved my game to the cloud, my save file is level 15 and I was level 16 during the time of the accident, this is a lot better than starting all over again

Kuratha

Staff member
Great to hear, nothing like that moment of relief when you realize you aren't completely screwed.
-Hitting 400 hrs+ in Skyrim when the data is corrupted- (#true story)

Zeekoslav

theseriousone23":evxzd4li said:
Great to hear, nothing like that moment of relief when you realize you aren't completely screwed.
-Hitting 400 hrs+ in Skyrim when the data is corrupted- (#true story)

Thanks, first thing that popped in to my head when I saw smashed screen was "SAVE FILE!!!!", To make things worse I was on work. The horror of redoing a game stunned me, don't get me wrong I love this game but I wasn't finished and I had a lot more in mind for my char.

(I made a post about my built check it here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=41656#p41656)

After some time I recalled, at one point I did a cloud save just to see what will happen. Fortunately it was only one level back, unfortunately I got sidetracked, and this save was way back, tbh it took me awhile to level up from 15 to 16. Let's say luck was on my side this time.