faction wars

spar

Ok obviously I know you are adding personal hostility towards a nation. But what of the nations themselves? I think it would be cool if similar to the orc fort seige mission nations have their own politics and lay seiges to other towns and villages. And you could choose a side or even remain neutral similarly to mount and blade or world of warcraft. Nations could have their own reputation with each other and the seiges could be like random encounters but much rarer. You hear tales of an advancing army while having a stout ale enjoying some gossip giving some insight to what may come. And maybe if you die during a raid you get captured or something. Just an idea to have a sense of a real world going on behind the scenes while your doing your own thing. Hopefully there is a way to implement this down the road or in an expansion

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
All of this was in my initial design, although I am not entirely sure to what extent I will develope it in the current game, but expect at least some kind of interaction/hostility between kingdoms.

KillerX

Please no faction wars...it's why I quit f2p
Everything in the game has an effect on the game, opening quests or possibly locking them out.
Warring kingdoms would only be good for those that have done all the quests and want to play more.
Everyone else would have to drink spilled milk, possibly missing out on quests if the giver is already dead. Even if that isn't a possibility I still would hate faction wars in an already great game

spar

Uhh im sure david would construct it in a way that wad great and that you dont lose quests town folk run indoors etc I wouldnt shoot the idea down I beleive it will make a great game even better if done right. And good to hear this is being considered

KillerX

Of course it could be done without losing quests, but that's not in keeping with the spirit of the game.
If faction wars are that important to you try almost every other game that isn't this one. Wars would put a wart on a unique game that isn't trying to be like all the rest. It makes me sad to think david would make his game another eventual generic p.o.s. like the many, many that clutter the playstore.

spar

Dont understand how a well thought and executed feature in a unique game will make it generic this idea has been around a long time in great games. Mount and blade. Sid meiers pirates to some extent civ 5 with city state feature. Its literally just a harder larger scale random event. Why wouldnt you want more content. I believe if david does decide to implement it he will do it in such a way that even the most generic idea would be fantastic. Have faith he will keep the game roots true

KillerX

The short version is- this is an rpg, not an mmorpg, or the later variations that led to the pay to win scale in current games. It's his game, he can do as he likes . He'll only lose some of the gray hairs like me if he pushes it through. The idea doesn't fit with old school rps. That was his stated intent for this game. Old school rpg. Content is added regularly so I feel good when I recommend this game to friends as an authentic early rpg. I may predate the Internet and the computer, but when I play the game in its current configuration, it takes me back to the first coin op games I played. It's a joy that still makes me smile everytime I press start game. Faction wars removes that smile and forces me to look elsewhere.