Expansion to exiled kingdoms

Brusanes

First of all I would like to congratulate the developer of this lovely game that I still play for today and I hope the creator will be very successful in his future adventures and stories that will still come in future projects, now I want to ask the developer if he will create more content for the exiled kingdoms or create extra expansions for this game? I believe that many fans would even pay for more content, for example I would certainly pay for more, but from what I saw here on the forum, there is a project already underway for a new game from the same exiled universe, isn't it? But even so, here is a question about a continuation for the main game.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Developer has commented on this exact question several times. He's currently working on Archaelund, a game that takes place in the world of Exiled Kingdoms. See here for more details.

Thus, Exiled Kingdoms is not likely to get any updated content for years, if ever. There are clearly places the game is prepped for future content to be added, both map and plot wise. But alas, it's not in the cards right now.

Word on the street is that this is basically it for at least a few years.

'n that's a good thing. We have this because some human was able to write their dreams and ideas into being without obligation; compare this with trillions of reskinned shovelware and out-of-the-box "plug all the widgets in and call it good." If they can't run away from what they've been hunched over for a half-decade or so, we don't get that.

...on the other hand, the state of the game promises just a few bugfixes (mage targeting, for instance, sometimes goes really, really wierd. Someone's stabbing me and I'm firing into empty space, or someone else?), probably every now and then - a quick log check shows a lot of petty bugs and typos being swatted long after the "screw this, imma do this sequel now" announcement.

The game's content also suggests revisitation down the road. Three crystals, eh? A second level to the goblin mines, possibly connecting to Gorx, or worse? A whole ork kingdom over there? But... it is unlikely to be right now.

I... can almost promise you you haven't found all the content that's in here, not even a fraction. I'm moderately in the "back in my day, we didn't have" crowd for this game, and spent a lot of it locked on an old version - no ark, no wastes, no emerald valley, no mount oroog, just "here lies the end of the universe." I'm still finding new things that I deeply suspect were written in there very, very deliberately, and I suspect there's more, just on the old version.

I'd pay far more to read the game than to play it, and I consider it underpriced as a hack-and-slash without the content. Then again, if you check the downloads, there's a decent chance David, y'know, doesn't need us or anyone right now...

...but, this game will be a while. Poor man spent a year or two more hunched over it than he wanted to. I promise you, there's still at least a decade of new in there ready to discover.

I believe that many fans would even pay for more content

...that would be financial fraud across several states' jurisdictions under the liscense some of us early adopters got. I might buy the t-shirt or coffee-mug, though.

I honestly assume it is in fact coming. Let the man clear his head and follow his heart, or we'll just get crap, and things like this won't exist. Besides, the numbers suggest he would have no use for your money, anyways. ;)