Exiled Kingdoms Sequel

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker
Ok so we all know David is planning to release a sequel to Exiled Kingdoms. This has been hinted at in game and he has mentioned details about it on the forum. My question is, does anyone have details on in game story, release dates or anything like that. Thanks!

p4ran0id

Staff member
David plans to make a new game wich plays in EK universe, not sure if it is a prequel or sequel to EK or just a complete different story in the same world.

About release date, that question is not possible to answer. I think it could take 1-2 years before beta, but that is maybe to optimistic. It will be finished when it's finished ;)

Edit: just have a look at all dialogues, even without coding and designing, that's like writing a book!

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker
I’ve had a look through the game and found reference to a sequel where new colonies are re-established in Andoria (One of the visions in the hall of wisdom). I feel this is the topic of the next game just want to find out specific details

Mod Note: please avoid full quote

p4ran0id

Staff member
You're not the only one who wants to know specific details. :lol:

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Here are the sparse hints dropped by David that I remember:
1) It's an RPG settled in the world of EK, presumable in Andoria.
2) Unlike EK, it will be turn-based.
3) It will be developed for PC in the first place, only later adopted for mobile (maybe).

If these facts are incorrect, David may strike me with holy lighting.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":2ox1r0kq said:
Here are the sparse hints dropped by David that I remember:
1) It's an RPG settled in the world of EK, presumable in Andoria.
2) Unlike EK, it will be turn-based.
3) It will be developed for PC in the first place, only later adopted for mobile (maybe).

If these facts are incorrect, David may strike me with holy lighting.

All of this is correct; I've also stated that you'll have control of a full party of adventurers, and rather than "maybe" I'd say the android/iOS version is "almost certain". I'd also like to point out that the combination of open-world exploration + challenge + humor you already know from EK will be there.

I've been thinking about "Project Geryon" (just an internal nickname) for over a year. I've been drawing maps, devising characters and environments, working on the rule system, doing research... even dreaming sometimes (true story). After releasing next update I'll take July off, then I'll post more details about the next project in August. Until then, I am afraid I can't say more. ;)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, I think David mentioned using Unity engine (or maybe some other third party engine), not his own inhouse built engine. I guess too many people asked for all graphic eye-candy they get in todays games and it is not possible (i.e. it is too big of resources hog to be viable) in 2D games like EK.

And yes, I guess it can take about 2-3 years to be developed. EK was developing I think about 1 and a half year before beta (I guess development started somewhere in 2014) and you see how long it actually takes. With very long period with beta versions available to public, first only for Android, later for iOS and finally for PCs of all varieties (Windows, Mac, Linux).

Now David needs to learn how to work with new engine, but at least he doesn't need to learn how to code it (which I guess is much easier task :D).

EDIT: David wrote his answer before I wrote mine. :D

p4ran0id

Staff member
@David
I like your idea! It's way better to design a new game (mechanics, like round based) instead of just put a new story line and new graphics)

As long as you put a part of your soul for the new project like the last time, that game will be awesome!

Ps:that's what I hate most with actuall games, they continue and only change the story or graphics. To keep the spirit and design a new similar game is way better.