Exiled Kingdoms removed from Play Store (EDIT: now published again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadadaw

Re: IMPORTANT: Exiled Kingdoms temporarily removed from the Play Store

私はまだフルライセンスを取得出来ていません。
なぜストアから消えたのか、英語が読めないので解りませんが
また戻ってくることを期待して待っています。
このゲームはなかなかの大作です。
なんのトラブルが起きたか解りませんが、頑張って下さい!

Trasd

Zarky":2d5mpknc said:
...Lets band together with Da vid and fight this. Let us know as ... let us know what we can do to help. =))

I stand beside you in this goole play fiasco! :D

We want Exiled Kingdoms back!
We could always band together here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/play

But, I think we should wait and see if official channels fail! Again, every developer I know who has had their app suspended, has also had them reinstated.

KillerX":2d5mpknc said:
Are we able to get a redemption code while we wait? Paypal etc?
I actually think he means he wants to purchase a Redeem code, not get credit.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Yep, I think he just wants to buy a code. But please, be patient, if I give you one of those codes manually, you will not have an "official" Google Play license. Google will likely give me an answer on monday, until then it's a matter of waiting.

Let me remind you, that even in the worst case scenario, the game will be published again, even if I lose the downloads, ratings, and have to manually license all registered people. And Google themselves say this reuploading is allowed, in their removal email. It is bad but it is not tragic.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

dadadaw":3vzot5qp said:
私はまだフルライセンスを取得出来ていません。
なぜストアから消えたのか、英語が読めないので解りませんが
また戻ってくることを期待して待っています。
このゲームはなかなかの大作です。
なんのトラブルが起きたか解りませんが、頑張って下さい!

こんにちは!心配しないで、ゲームは再びすぐにダウンロードして登録できるようになります。ありがとうございます!

kalans

DavidBVal":37fj4g7h said:
Yep, I think he just wants to buy a code. But please, be patient, if I give you one of those codes manually, you will not have an "official" Google Play license. Google will likely give me an answer on monday, until then it's a matter of waiting.

Let me remind you, that even in the worst case scenario, the game will be published again, even if I lose the downloads, ratings, and have to manually license all registered people. And Google themselves say this reuploading is allowed, in their removal email. It is bad but it is not tragic.
Sounds great David, and yes I was referring to purchasing a redemption code via PayPal.. Funny I was thrown to the white wolf on this one ;)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

DavidBVal":3l1493v2 said:
Well, sadly this is a very different case. I have no one to contact, I believe google has tightened the communication channel drastically since 2013. They gave me a form to fill an appeal, which I can submit only once, and will be replied once, within 72 hours, and no further appeals or even questions about this matter will be considered in the future. Also the appeal has a limit of 1000 characters (which is an extremely short lenght to elaborate anything).

See, there was zero metadata in my entry. There were absolutely no review quotings. Zero. I made a very long entry, using up the 4K characters they allow, and I believe that is now discouraged by google and their bots can consider it keyword stuffing. also there's the small paragraph mentioning Diablo, Baldur's Gate, and Morrowind as inspirations. Those two latter points, even if I think weren't any wrongdoing or keyword spam at all, might be fixable regarding their policies, and I told them I would do that.

Actually, this is almost exactly the same situation as were for me. I also had one try to sort things out, I needed to figure out what they want me to do and I had only one go to do it. Only different thing is, I could wrote long message to them, specifying what I'll do that similar situation never happen again.

That's why I advice you to look not only their message, but to look on internet if there are people in similar situation and see what they did and how they did. You need to know what you did wrong in their opinion and solve it.

As you mention these games, remove them.

As you can't reach your console to do that, write in message that you'll comply with all their rules as soon as you can access your console. They know you can't edit your stuff without console. But when you write to them, try to look like you know what you should edit and prepared to edit that. And this is hard part, being sure what you did wrong.

All in all, I guess they would give you chance to comply to their rules, that's in their interest in a way, but they certainly are company which doesn't make things easy for little people. If you are big corporation, you can have numerous errors on your part and get away with this. I know this for a fact.

Mainly, you need to react, be prepared to comply with their rules and hope for the best.

My experience was very traumatic in a way, but I also learned something: Always comply with Google, if you want to have dealings with them.

KillerX

I see I'm being touchy over this situation with the only google game I want to be playing next year, E.K. 2 will be anticipated by then.
To kalans.....I misread your meaning and apologize sincerely. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Regards

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Alan_SP":jnmz199n said:
That's why I advice you to look not only their message, but to look on internet if there are people in similar situation and see what they did and how they did. You need to know what you did wrong in their opinion and solve it.

As you mention these games, remove them.

As you can't reach your console to do that, write in message that you'll comply with all their rules as soon as you can access your console. They know you can't edit your stuff without console. But when you write to them, try to look like you know what you should edit and prepared to edit that. And this is hard part, being sure what you did wrong.

All in all, I guess they would give you chance to comply to their rules, that's in their interest in a way, but they certainly are company which doesn't make things easy for little people. If you are big corporation, you can have numerous errors on your part and get away with this. I know this for a fact.

Mainly, you need to react, be prepared to comply with their rules and hope for the best.

That was my friday. I did my research, and sent my appeal, more or less along those lines.

Just so you have an idea of how hostile is their current point of view towards one-time breaches, your quoted text above is already over 1000 chars. It is impossible to address all the relevant specific points, just maybe a few. It was absolute hell to write those 1000 chars, leaving out most of my reasonings. I did it and sent it, 71 hours and 15 minutes ago.

As their alleged reply time will expire in 45 minutes, I begin to suspect I am not even going to get a reply (which would be a first, because all the cases I researched on the internet, at least got the automated "no"). If they're not going to reinstate the game, they could have told me on Friday, and by now it would be up again and I'd be dealing with the license reinstatements. I've been doing development, yes, but the "waiting" is too distracting and stressing for me to be really productive, I am afraid. I added some new game features and fixed bugs, but writing dialogues and thinking about quests requires some peace of mind which I lack right now.

Now, I have to choose between, keep waiting for a reply and do nothing, re-send my appeal, or re-publish under a different package name. All of them sound bad, but the third one at least means people playing my game again. On the other hand, *if* it gets reinstated, I would have fragmented the playerbase into two packages.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

I surely feel what you're going through. :(

I try to be helpful and it's not easy, as I'm not one who decides what will be. Maybe they will answer a bit later. As you said, they answer, even if that's no. So, wait a bit and see what happens.

And about peace of mind to work, yes, I understand that very much.

My only advice is, try to wait a bit longer and we will see what will happen. I hope for the best.

And, don't explain to Google why you did it, just say you'll correct whatever you did wrong. No point on explaining anything, they aren't interested. :(

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Thanks, and really, even if I sound extremely pissed off (and I am), I keep things in scale. Some people are awaiting worse calls from their doctor or the police. Eventually this will be sorted out and I know it, same package, new package, will make little difference in a year from now. It's the waiting, and being treated as a criminal, what is exhausting.

I'll give them another day before making any move; it's been sunday+superbowl. After all, 72 hours? who needs being strict about rules? probably the 72 hours is just a "loose guideline" :lol:

Also, being here venting helps me, so thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.