Exiled Kingdoms removed from Play Store (EDIT: now published again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcaress

Re: IMPORTANT: Exiled Kingdoms temporarily removed from the Play Store

I'm definitely willing to help in any way I can. Obviously, if you need a new review for the new app, I'm on it. This game really rocks!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

This really means a lot to me, friends! Thank you.

Call me chronical optimist, but I think the app will be restored. Which will make things much easier, because if I have to upload a new package, I will have to send each licensed user an activation code... but what of the people that doesn't read the forums, and just think they've been scammed, or simply give up and stop playing? I have no way to track them down.

Right now, it is a matter of just waiting, as there's nothing that can be done to influence the outcome. for the first time in months, I'll just go watch TV or read a book.

Trasd

DavidBVal":nmhvmx01 said:
This really means a lot to me, friends! Thank you.

Call me chronical optimist, but I think the app will be restored. Which will make things much easier, because if I have to upload a new package, I will have to send each licensed user an activation code... but what of the people that doesn't read the forums, and just think they've been scammed, or simply give up and stop playing? I have no way to track them down.

Right now, it is a matter of just waiting, as there's nothing that can be done to influence the outcome. for the first time in months, I'll just go watch TV or read a book.
I think they will reinstate it, too. The problem is getting through their thick f*$~ing, indiscriminate skulls! (Ooops, sorry, that slipped).

I know a couple developers that had similar problems (one was even guilty of what they accused him of) and both's app were relisted (one with just an appeal, the other, after fixing his violation).

Chin up!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

thanks for sharing that info, I really think that, if any human being actually looks into my case for 30 seconds, I'll get reinstated.

Incidentally... I can't stop working on the game. :mrgreen: Implemented new kinds of magic items, which give bonuses to detection, disarm traps, and gossip. Also started writing more dialogues and other stuff.

kalans

Such a shame, but I am happy it will be fixed soon! I actually just downloaded this before it got taken down, so I look forward to purchasing it in the full license soon!

Kennnethor

This is preposterous, BEST rpg in a store full with click traps, unity shit patched together in 2 weeks, beauty saloon sims, those animal sims that replace 3d models and release again each week...

AND THEY TAKE DOWN EXILED KINGDOMS?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously google, you got a new hater.

Trasd

David,

You can read Brian's problems with Google and his popular 1941 app here: http://www.electrowolff.com/

Look down at the bottom and follow the Trademarks links. They demonstrate a resolved dispute with Google and their appeal system after a take-down.

I don't remember the other example I sited, sorry.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

DavidBVal":ii2ewwma said:
thanks for sharing that info, I really think that, if any human being actually looks into my case for 30 seconds, I'll get reinstated.

I had my dealings with Google (AdSense was in question, if you want, I can be more specific) and the most important thing for you to do is to understand what you did wrong by their (not yours) opinion and correct this.

Their messages can be confusing, I know that very well and you don't have very much human contact, at least when dealing with AdSense.

So, try to be sure what you did wrong (I see you have an idea), correct it, than contact them and ask if there's still something you need to correct. Follow their policies to the letter, if you err, err on being on safe side.

From written message and what you said, if you correct metatags (I think that this is what's wrong from your description, keywords in metatags), check game description (they mentioned users praise, leave them out if there are any) and you can have your game back.

In my opinion, you can achieve that soon, if you can access developers console and edit there (Just read this: http://www.electrowolff.com/trademark/siege.html ).

Also, you can use time and work on game in meantime. And, I really hope you'll solve this soon. I solved my problem with AdSense, so I hope you'll solve yours.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Alan_SP":3kexsihh said:
DavidBVal":3kexsihh said:

I had my dealings with Google (AdSense was in question, if you want, I can be more specific) and the most important thing for you to do is to understand what you did wrong by their (not yours) opinion and correct this.

Their messages can be confusing, I know that very well and you don't have very much human contact, at least when dealing with AdSense.

So, try to be sure what you did wrong (I see you have an idea), correct it, than contact them and ask if there's still something you need to correct. Follow their policies to the letter, if you err, err on being on safe side.

From written message and what you said, if you correct metatags (I think that this is what's wrong from your description, keywords in metatags), check game description (they mentioned users praise, leave them out if there are any) and you can have your game back.

In my opinion, you can achieve that soon, if you can access developers console and edit there (Just read this: http://www.electrowolff.com/trademark/siege.html ).

Also, you can use time and work on game in meantime. And, I really hope you'll solve this soon. I solved my problem with AdSense, so I hope you'll solve yours.

Well, sadly this is a very different case. I have no one to contact, I believe google has tightened the communication channel drastically since 2013. They gave me a form to fill an appeal, which I can submit only once, and will be replied once, within 72 hours, and no further appeals or even questions about this matter will be considered in the future. Also the appeal has a limit of 1000 characters (which is an extremely short lenght to elaborate anything).

And no, I have no access to the console either.

See, there was zero metadata in my entry. There were absolutely no review quotings. Zero. I made a very long entry, using up the 4K characters they allow, and I believe that is now discouraged by google and their bots can consider it keyword stuffing. also there's the small paragraph mentioning Diablo, Baldur's Gate, and Morrowind as inspirations. Those two latter points, even if I think weren't any wrongdoing or keyword spam at all, might be fixable regarding their policies, and I told them I would do that.

And yep, I am working nonstop in development right now, and already wrote alternative descriptions (much more brief) to be ready for one course of action or another, as soon as the reply arrives.

Incidentally, found on a website my original description.

Exiled Kingdoms is an single-player classic RPG that takes place in a huge interactive world that you can freely roam. Explore dungeons, gain experience, find new treasures and allies, and immerse yourself in the ultimate battle between humanity and the forces that want to annihilate it!. This is an offline game that doesn't require an internet connection to play.

Exiled Kingdoms is not a linear sucession of levels, but an open world. You decide where to go, what to do and who to be friends with! Explore mysterious ruins, fight to free slaves, or join some of the powerful factions; the choice is yours.

Inspired by the great old-school RPGs. The game is greatly inspired by classics like Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, Darklands or Pool of Radiance. Expect a challenging game, like they used to be. Sometimes you'll have to run, you'll get lost, and often you'll check your journal to know what to do next. And death awaits the unwary adventurer behind every corner...

Story introduction: A dark tale, and a brave new world

A century ago, the Andorian Empire was destroyed by a magical cataclysm that brought The Horrors into our world; humanity was nearly annihilated. Many thousands managed to escape sailing away to the Imperial Colony of Varannar: a savage island, dangerous and unexplored. Mistrust and blame made impossible to elect a new Emperor, and the four Exiled Kingdoms were proclaimed.

Nowadays, the ragtag kingdoms still struggle to survive in a harsh land, often waging war on each other. Empire and the Horrors are, for many, just old legends and fairytales. You are a novice adventurer, rarely paying attention to such old stories; you're more concerned with your latest misadventures and lack of gold.

But for once, luck seems to be on your side. You received a letter from New Garand, stating that you are the sole beneficiary of a big inheritance. You don’t remember any relatives in the capital of the Kingdom of Varsilia, but certainly that won’t stop you from an opportunity like this! The road to New Garand will reveal many surprises, and will teach you that fairytales and legends can become, in fact, very real.

Features

• Real-time combat against all kinds of different monsters and beasts, from vicious goblins to raging minotaurs, wyverns and dragons.
• Explore all kind of environments freely: forests and caves, dungeons, cities, ancient tombs and remote valleys.
• Customize your character choosing between 4 classes, 40 skills and hundreds of different items you can loot.
• A rich world, and a real fantasy setting. Dozens of quests, sometimes with different endings. Hundreds of non-player characters with unique dialogues, solve mysteries, make friends and enemies.
• Work on your reputation to become a hero of one or more of the kingdoms or guilds. Eventually you can become a knight, a high mage, a hero... or a villain.

About this game

Exiled Kingdoms is currently in public Beta, features and new areas keep coming each week. Future updates will always be compatible with your savegames, so you will not need to start all over.

A 25% of the world is free to play, and as I release new maps and quests weekly, some of them will be made free as well. On the free version, there is a level cap adequate to those areas. If you decide to purchase, the whole game becomes unlocked.

I've been developing this game for years, putting a lot of effort into bringing back the classic flavor of the golden era of RPGs, into each dialogue, quest or even item descriptions. I hope you enjoy the game!

Trasd

Then, unfortunately, it's a waiting game. If they said 72 hours, then you'll have to play the wait-and-see game.

You paid for the listing, you do have legal rights. But, you're not there yet.

Keep doing as you're doing, but then again, you already know that.

Damn, a Windows tablet is looking better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.