Exiled Kingdoms part II -in is there a way?

Mike the Bastard

This is me begging on my knees...

Exiled Kingdoms is far and away the best mobile RPG game around - and by so far it hurts. I've completed it four times through (one as each character), and I'm sure I'll go round again at some point.

However, I look at the large map and see the Ork Kingdom and Corsair Isles and it is plain to see that there is plenty of room to develop - there are even story hooks left, like the Ninth Legion.

Now I know that the development team is one guy, and I know he's moved on to PC games for his personal development. I have the greatest of respect for that - but that doesn't preclude someone else taking over the good work.

Given the sheer scale of the following for EK, is it possible that there are people capable of continuing this work? Either under supervision, or as open source, or from buying the rights? Given that I'd happily pay £10 or more for and EK part II - and I suspect I'm not alone - the resources are there...

Atomos

everybody-donate.jpg

Van Clayzer

I already mentioned this once here, and it wouldn't be easy to have a team doing the work and him supervising . if he prefers to work alone and it's easier that way, or whatever, let's just wait, for now that's all we have to do

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There's also one thing you can do, that might help EK2 (not Archaelund) become reality.

Spread the word everywhere you know there are people who like RPG, so more people buy, so David see how many people like (and buy) EK.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I really enjoy creating my games by myself, and it's the reason I'm doing this job in the first place. I can delegate on graphics or music, as I do in Archaelund, but never on writing quests or designing mechanics.

I understand waiting for me to come up with one game every five years can be frustrating, but it's the best I can offer to the world; my suggestion is, in the meantime, play the amazing games that inspired EK and are far superior to anything I'll produce ever. Arcanum, Morrowind, Betrayal at Krondor, Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout or, if you are hardcore enough to enjoy the even older gems, Pool of Radiance (and many other Gold Box series), Wizardry series, M&M series, Darklands, and many more.

Mike the Bastard

I really enjoy creating my games by myself, and it's the reason I'm doing this job in the first place. I can delegate on graphics or music, as I do in Archaelund, but never on writing quests or designing mechanics.

I understand waiting for me to come up with one game every five years can be frustrating, but it's the best I can offer to the world; my suggestion is, in the meantime, play the amazing games that inspired EK and are far superior to anything I'll produce ever. Arcanum, Morrowind, Betrayal at Krondor, Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout or, if you are hardcore enough to enjoy the even older gems, Pool of Radiance (and many other Gold Box series), Wizardry series, M&M series, Darklands, and many more.
It's definitely the story plotting and gameplay that puts you miles ahead. I've been pottering around and trying others, but although some of them are superficially very slick, none of them have the breadth and depth that EK has.

I'll definitely look up some of those older games. My problem is that I'm limited to phone games, as now I'm a father I don't get the time to sit at a PC.
Post automatically merged:    

Sorry - posted before I finished!

I'm giving EK regular shout outs on Facebook, so I hope that you are still picking up a steady stream of new acolytes.

I'd like to say once more how much I've enjoyed the game, and I very much hope you'll come back to the mobile gaming world.

Invector

the amazing games that inspired EK and are far superior to anything I'll produce ever.
No.
Just NO.
You are WAY too humble.
I've played most of those games, and while they are superior in SOME things, they are not superior overall. If I could only play ONE game for the remainder of my days, and I had to choose from that list (including EK), I'd choose EK and I bet I wouldn't be the only one either.

Van Clayzer

No.
Just NO.
You are WAY too humble.
I've played most of those games, and while they are superior in SOME things, they are not superior overall. If I could only play ONE game for the remainder of my days, and I had to choose from that list (including EK), I'd choose EK and I bet I wouldn't be the only one either.
Yes, as simple as this game seems, I don't know what it has, but it holds us to it, I met and bought this game at the end of the year 2019, and to this day I don't get sick of it

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
play the amazing games that inspired EK and are far superior to anything I'll produce ever. Arcanum, Morrowind, Betrayal at Krondor, Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout - Pool of Radiance (Gold Box series), Wizardry series, M&M series, Darklands, and many more.

On a full computer, you might have an argument. A modded (to get to a "fixed base level") Baldur's Gate is a sublime thing. And I want to point out the Temple of Elemental Evil, slated upon release for its buggy state, has been community fixed too.

But on a mobile device? For a phone?

You have single-handedly created a benchmark and nobody else has come close. Not even close. In fact I'd go as far to say you have created a niche genre in which you are the only contender.