Exiled Kingdoms are one of the best RPGs i have ever played.

What RPG is better?

• Fallout : A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

• Wasteland

• Exiled Kingdoms

• Fallout 2 : A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

• WoW

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Earlier on there were some harsh limitations on developing interactive open world games. Nowadays, with all the fresh computational resources and experience of the industry, I'm hopeful that indie companies can make games that are just as amazing as some cited here.

Well, some old games did extremely well in that regard. Daggerfall and Darklands are good examples.

Robocop

My idea about Fallout 76:
I think that fallout 76 is not what players wanted, and has many bugs, no NPCs, and multiplayer. But after the dlc, the text wasnt as butchered as fallout 4, NPCs were added, and all that good stuff. I would say that the dlc made fallout 76 way more better than it was.
I'm so sorry.

MountainBard

As an old fart, I can say candidly that Ultima V was my favorite game for a long time, and I played a fair number of 80's and early 90's RPGs. More recently, I found Spiderweb Software's Avernum series (if you're not familiar, they do old-school RPGs that are a blast) and I spent a ton of time playing V and VI in that series. Recently I started playing Moonshades, and really got into it. But I hit a wall with it, and just completely lost interest in continuing to play it. I found both Moonshades and EK about six months ago. I stopped playing Moonshades around Thanksgiving, which was good because it left me more time to play Exiled Kingdoms. Comparing RPGs is really an apples-and-oranges kind of thing, but I will say that I cannot remember having enjoyed another one more than I do EK.

Robocop

As an old fart, I can say candidly that Ultima V was my favorite game for a long time, and I played a fair number of 80's and early 90's RPGs. More recently, I found Spiderweb Software's Avernum series (if you're not familiar, they do old-school RPGs that are a blast) and I spent a ton of time playing V and VI in that series. Recently I started playing Moonshades, and really got into it. But I hit a wall with it, and just completely lost interest in continuing to play it. I found both Moonshades and EK about six months ago. I stopped playing Moonshades around Thanksgiving, which was good because it left me more time to play Exiled Kingdoms. Comparing RPGs is really an apples-and-oranges kind of thing, but I will say that I cannot remember having enjoyed another one more than I do EK.
I never really played Ultima. I should check it out!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
If you haven't played Baldur's Gate that trilogy (the real trilogy, the first two games plus the expansion) are some of the best gaming RPG experiences to be had. If you head to GOG there's a thread about how to patch them, bug and must-have features, for the 21st century.

Planescape Torment is a very weird D&D adventure that's iconic.

Temple of Elemental Evil came out as more of a dungeon crawl and it had potential but the bugs overwhelmed it. However it has been fixed and patched and is now a joy few have experienced. Look for the Temple+ mod.

MountainBard

I would say Ultima is definitely worth a try. I'd recommend starting w/Ultima V. I haven't played the old Baldur's Gate games, but I'd like to one of these days. The thing is, "so many games, so little time" has never been more applicable than now. There are so many new games coming out, and so many of the old games are available too. Makes it tough to choose what to play sometimes.