Emeralds farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owns

Loreseeker
So for once, I'm actually grinding. Trying to get the best gear before heading into SoH. Currently farming Emeralds for a Ring of The Bull and wondering if anyone had a better way than my current route which is: Start at Southern Dragon Mountains, kill all the wyverns. Then head into Ashen Wastes and get all the chests. Typically get 1-3 Emeralds from this fairly short route, before I can head back to camp in Southern Dargon, sleep 12 hours and repeat.

Usually though, I'll still have a recovery left after clearing Ashen Wastes chests so I go down into Sunken Citadel for a few more chests and drops from warlords just for the xp/gold and pots before going back to rest at the camp. I could go for longer before resting if I wanted to do but I try to end each run with a net-positive cashflow meaning I avoid using potions as much as possible, and since there's a resting stop nearby that's fine here.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Why not keep it small?

I did it that way: go to Whitetower, rested, go to wythern mountain, kill all wythern (you can ignore wolf's and welps), just make a small round an keep on the west side (north-south), go back to Whitetower rest 12h to reset the map and do it again. It takes about 2-3 minutes to clear that route and you get 2-3 emeralds (sometimes you get none, sometimes more). But it's much easier than changing locations

Edit: concentrate only to this area

Theben

I've found the whelps drop large emeralds just as often as the full size wyverns, so I'd take the full route. Plus you can pick up merple along the way.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yes they do and of course you can make the grand tour. But you also have to fight the Wolfes and it takes much longer. So you'll get less emeralds/minute. The small route is faster to solve and I like it more for farming emeralds

Edit: of course you should also kill the 2 welps, but avoid to go down and stay always west. That way you won't fight the Wolfes.

Just made a try, 2 runs, 7 emeralds in less than 10 minutes

VDX_360

Staff member
If you have the skill Teleport, hitting multiple areas is pretty easy using Frigul and Whitetower as destinations. You can warp to Frigul, hit the Manticore's in East Inori (and nearby if you like), hit Dragon Coast, Ashen Waste areas, warp to Whitetower to hit the Wrvern Mountain areas. Rinse and repeat.

If you're lower level, struggling against Wyverns, or lack teleport, using one small area might be a better idea.

p4ran0id

Staff member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YhpnLbUtCLSVkNs9A

That's the route I was talking about. 3 runs in 7 minutes and that's very slow. Take a companion with you, that goes faster. Also after some runs you'll get the route and won't miss the right turn. And you don't have to worry about mana or health, use all you have, with 2 restores you got enough to survive it and deal Max damage.

RNG wasn't nice to me during the video, too much small emeralds, but at least 1 big per run. That way you can farm emeralds very fast ;)

Owns

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":1v9qbpax said:
Why not keep it small?

I did it that way: go to Whitetower, rested, go to wythern mountain, kill all wythern (you can ignore wolf's and welps), just make a small round an keep on the west side (north-south), go back to Whitetower rest 12h to reset the map and do it again. It takes about 2-3 minutes to clear that route and you get 2-3 emeralds (sometimes you get none, sometimes more).
Thanks that was pretty fast. Twice I got none, twice I got 2, once I got 3. That's a pretty good haul from a very fast route. I went around pulling as many as I could at the same time 3-5 wyverns/whelps then burst them down quickly with magic. I think the ashen wastes route I mentioned above is better if you want to combine with xp/gold farm at the same time, but this is definitely faster for focus on emeralds. It's also great for farming elixers of Galade and some mana potions at the same time :D I'm sure they will come in handy during SoH and Forbidden Pit

Xen

Loreseeker
I'm actually planning to make this farming of Emeralds in Ironman mode. :)

Morpheus

I farmed it about 15 times (yes, I counted) and got an INCREDIBLE, OUTSTANDING!...
zero.....

Status
Not open for further replies.