Elves, dwarves and gnomes, oh my!

Fud4723

Really enjoying this game so far.. Keep up the great work!

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, i didn't see a topic about player races with a cursory search. So yeah, my 1st suggestion is for different player race types. I like my elves.

Another suggestion/criticism (constructive):
Seems like most of the quests are of the "mailman" variety.. Get quest, go do, return for loot. Granted, i've really only scratched the surface at level 6, so i might be off base here. Two absolutely amazing crpg's from waay back that i would suggest taking a page from are Ultima 4 (and 5) from origin and the Phantasie series from strategic simulations. These two from the Commodore 64 days are the Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali of computer role-playing games.

Dimidium

Welcome. I see this is your first post. Glad you stopped by.

I like the idea of multiple races, and I think the game would be better with them. However, as you'll see, the game can be played a bunch of ways as it is.

High dexterity warriors are the thing these days, but I like my 2H warriors. Stabbing rogues are more fun than archers, to me.

But, I do agree. Multiple races would add tons of replayability. <- Is that a word?..you get the point though.

Fud4723

It's definitely still a very enjoyable game. The best rpg i've seen that's smartphone friendly. The combat is smooth. I like the skills and how you build up. Dig it!

feldon

Loreseeker
While it might not be something David chooses to include in this game, I know he has plans for more games, and given his D&D background, multiple races will almost certainly make an appearance.

Main problem w adding them to EK would be the lore. Theoretically, it would be the most sensible to have playable races that already exist in the kingdoms, like Trolls, Varanari, or even a transmogrifying Swamp Donkey.

ClockworkGhost

Regarding the original comment concerning the quests, wait until you gain a couple of levels and the quests start to get longer and more involved. The quest given to you at New Anthur to get the water cleaned up is absolutely epic, the quest given to you by the travelling troubadours equally so. Check out the quest list in the Wiki - yes, there are fetch and delivery quests, but there are also quests that will have you seriously scratching your head :)