Elemental Resistance Scaling...

Tikibane

New Member
Joined
06/04/2016
Messages
71
Something has been bothering me every time i look at items.

I am extremely curious at what kind of scale the elemental damage reduction runs on.

Is it a Percentage type damage reduction scale? 0-100%?

I can't really understand it at the moment. But the 0-100 scale makes sense to me the most because of the large numbers in comparison to the damage reduction that armor provides which is much less vague (the 1/3 of max to Maximum amount scale).

Can you clarify the damage reduction scaling? It'll make it much easier to do minimum/maximum item selections. :/
 

Karjus

New Member
Joined
06/04/2016
Messages
66
Fairly sure it is percentage wise?

Never thrown up the combat log to go over it heavily.

I *really* advise buying a slot of vault as soon as you can, just to store elemental resistance gear. With the right rings especially (easy 40-60 resistance depending on element), it's very easy to go from taking a hardcore beating somewhere to a breeze.
 

Tikibane

New Member
Joined
06/04/2016
Messages
71
Karjus":1v32yk43 said:
Fairly sure it is percentage wise?

Never thrown up the combat log to go over it heavily.

I *really* advise buying a slot of vault as soon as you can, just to store elemental resistance gear. With the right rings especially (easy 40-60 resistance depending on element), it's very easy to go from taking a hardcore beating somewhere to a breeze.


Of course. If you get the trollskin armor piece, you can be upwards of 85-110 depending on your endurance.
 

Eliadann

Member
Joined
25/02/2016
Messages
141
Hello,

It scales like this:

1-50 reduces damage by 1% per point (50=50% reduction)

51-100 reduces damage by .5% per point (100= 75% reduction)

101-150 reduces damage by .25% per point (150=87% reduction)

151-200 reduces damage by .12% per point (200=96% reduction)

So around 250 you reduce by 100%.

Thanks,

- Elia
 

Tikibane

New Member
Joined
06/04/2016
Messages
71
Eliadann":3ab2hpre said:
Hello,

It scales like this:

1-50 reduces damage by 1% per point (50=50% reduction)

51-100 reduces damage by .5% per point (100= 75% reduction)

101-150 reduces damage by .25% per point (150=87% reduction)

151-200 reduces damage by .12% per point (200=96% reduction)

So around 250 you reduce by 100%.

Thanks,

- Elia


Oh my.... thats interesting
 

Sir ShanksAlot

New Member
Joined
22/03/2016
Messages
623
Tikibane":bq6bhs44 said:
Eliadann":bq6bhs44 said:
Hello,

It scales like this:

1-50 reduces damage by 1% per point (50=50% reduction)

51-100 reduces damage by .5% per point (100= 75% reduction)

101-150 reduces damage by .25% per point (150=87% reduction)

151-200 reduces damage by .12% per point (200=96% reduction)

So around 250 you reduce by 100%.

Thanks,

- Elia


Oh my.... thats interesting


Did David give those numbers? I don't come anywhere close to exceeding 100 in this game so far lol. Or do they scale up in hard mode?
 

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
28/02/2015
Messages
7,466
Did I give those numbers? I can't remember :p

but it's accurate, that's how it works, yeah. so either I made it public, or Eliadann is a haxxor :D
 

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
11/01/2016
Messages
1,975
Yes, this is directly from David, he wrote it in this post.

EDIT:

DavidBVal":3pudpysu said:
but it's accurate, that's how it works, yeah. so either I made it public, or Eliadann is a haxxor :D

You're the guilty party here. :D

(in both senses of the word guilty)
 

Top