Elemental Damage Heals Character

eungpar

My fire resistance is 205, but the fire dmg cures me.

What's the formula of the elemental heal? It doesn't seem to be on the website

VDX_360

Staff member
Is the healing the passive healing on casual mode?

Elemental resistance should stop damage, not allow healing.

SlothPrince

Happens only with warrior class. Happens with anything if you have over 200 resistance to it. Not worth exploiting.

Also has to be an attack to cause the healing. Standing fire or like the fire/lava pits don't do anything. The real hot spots can still cause a tiny amount of damage or the big droids can still cause like 1 damage periodically.

If you drink a healing potion or sleep your HP reset back.

Last edited:

SlothPrince

Interesting. I figured this was well known by now. All other classes just negate the damage. Warriors become healed just like other enemies do like red dragons being hit by a fire attack.

Fyi, I've not tested it with anything else other then fire and shock. Stumbled on it years ago gearing up for the Ark with shock ward and gearing up for fire protection for the fire elemental plane and mad wizards.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
I --think-- it was a reported bug sometime ago but the posts were deleted to address the exploit issue so less of a record of it.

It's not that game altering, but it's an oddity.

My best guess is that warriors have an error in their code which allows them to get healed. Well, that's an obvious vague answer.

SlothPrince

Ha!

I just thought it was a feature of being a warrior not a bug.

Also, it doesn't have to do with guild as a cleric joined to warriors guild doesn't heal.

reizy

1) ~175 resist is enough (more resits -> more heal)
2) there is no heal if i change weapon to bow
3) no heal on melee attacks, ranged only (like imps)
4) 8 imps at The Deep Cauldron give ~20hp/sec (266 resist)
5) it's possible to get overheal like 20000HP

Looks like it's bug of "Shield Expert" skill, like "an extra +2 vs projectiles" goes to heal.

PS: Hm, if i kill The Sleeper with 20000HP will I survive? Should try next time...