Elder forest assistance.

Mon

Hello, I just started exploring the new areas and I just get started on elder forest. 2 Varannari NPC requires 25 reputation to speak with them. Is it Varannari reputation or Illmara? I can't seem to increase more of the reputation because I completed all their quests.

AirRoar404

Varranari Repuation you can easily get this by completing price for freedom and human resources

Mon

Welp, i decided to lie to them that his sister is safe before the patch. Hopefully those 2 NPC don't give too much of a bonus or equipment useful for my rogue. Or I will he forced to reset after a long game.

VDX_360

Staff member
You can still get enough reputation with the neutral outcome of The Price of Freedom. You just might have to take on Father of Wolves first.

Mon

My reputation is stuck on 21, price of freedom overall gives a huge reputation of +9 i think if you helped them free the slaves. Choosing peace between both gives you none. Looks like you have to always win for Varannari's sake to get those 25+ reputation.

AirRoar404

My reputation is stuck on 21, price of freedom overall gives a huge reputation of +9 i think if you helped them free the slaves. Choosing peace between both gives you none. Looks like you have to always win for Varannari's sake to get those 25+ reputation.
You can try doing the little quests with the varranari to get it like getting the damaged wolf pelt to ruun in sydarun or the perfect wofl pelt to deep shadow in the sagar forest. Doing this if you missed it gives 5 rep

Mon

I finished father of the wolves normally. Slay the Lord of Wolves, by the way I can't find the secret door on that area so not sure what surprises I'm still missing. Last of the Legion, I picked the best outcome which lets Varannari know that the Legion is no harm to their tribe with one condition. Give them 100 wolf pelt of any condition. I finished all small side quest like I'm the best hunter in the world... And ruun wants a gift from the north. Human resources I saved Varannari from slavers I never became hostile in any Varannaris.The only thing I can really think of is Price of Freedom. I chose to lie to Varannari that his sister is safe, which gives me Illmara and Mercia reputation but nothing on Varannari. If I choose to help them free her however, gives me +9 Varannari reputation. So all quests on Varannari's favor add up to 21, but lying on Varannari on Price of freedom gives me none.

VDX_360

Staff member
This thread right here includes directions and a map of that easily missed secret door in the wolf cave.
And the pelt option is a friendly option, but not the best option.

Mon

After completing sacred weapon quest, it gave me +3 Varannari reputation. Adding up to a total of 24 reputation, just 1 shy away from what i needed. I believe I ran out of hope here.....