EK Translation - We need your help, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Translation work is done. Thank you all who helped and contributed.

It's happening again! We restarting a translation project for new content and volunteers from the community can join (or continue) to help to translate Exiled Kingdoms. You can volunteer as a translator if you're fluent in english AND any of these languages:

• Czech
  • French
  • German (Complete!)
  • Italian (Complete except new content)
  • Polish (Complete!)
  • Portuguese (Complete!)
  • Russian (Complete except new content)
  • Turkish

At this point we're not interested in professional translation offers. Also, we might reject volunteers with a very low level of English or subpar writing/punctuation skills.

About languages not in the list: it takes a huge effort to translate the hundreds of files in the game, and while we would like it translated to every language, we couldn't in the past get enough volunteers for other translations. At this point we are not considering adding more languages.

How to join?

It's very simple. First of all, you need to be registered in the forum. Then start conversation with me and specify:

1) The language you want to translate the game to, and
2) Your email address.

Important info about email address: Emails must be from gmail.com domain, or at least linked to google's account to be able to receive access to files.

You'll be granted access to the translation subforum with all the info, and to a google drive folder with all the text so you can start right away!

How to start conversation?

It's very simple. Just click on my name here, then click on button Start conversation.

start-conversation.gif

There are no fixed quotas or obligations. Every little bit of help counts and the game has a lot of text so don't worry if you can only contribute with a few sentences.

If you have any questions you can post them here and I'll be happy to answer you.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Portuguese translation is already completed, thanks to all who worked on it.

Even if Portuguese translation is complete, you can join for future translations.

Thanks to all who helps with translation.

Strzelec2321

Is anyone working on a Polish version and when can it be expected
Post automatically merged:    

When can you expect the Polish language version

Joshuaz84

Could always run text through Google Translate, converting any complex English terms to simpler equivalents first, then run the result back into English to check accuracy, if translators for a needed language are in short supply.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Joshuaz84 , I use Google Translate here-and-there. It's a great tool. But, it has it's limitations. And if a person doesn't speak the language, one doesn't even realize there was an error. Problems can stem from homonyms, homographs, connotations ..... and that doesn't even scratch the surface of translation challenges. So even if one is using Google Translate, it's well advised to have someone read over it.

Joshuaz84

I suppose with all the subtle puns EK likes using, a roughly accurate translation would be insufficient (which could result from a reverse translation as mentioned). It was just a thought intended to help for rare languages.
Post automatically merged:    

Oh, as long as we are on the subject, I have noticed a misspelling that was in the original EK reappears separately in EK's new updated material. Accompany is misspelled twice now as 'accompain' in game.

thechecko

Translator
Hi.
Italian translate of the new content is complete!
For translation, i suggest Deepl because it's seems more accuraty instead of Google Translate.

Status
Not open for further replies.