EK on PC using Controller

john_gilbert-EK

I recently bought Exiled Kingdoms on Steam and thought of using a controller for playing on PC. I originally played EK on mobile and was satisfied with the UI there. So I considered using my Xbox 360 controller.

Anyone ever played using one? If so, any tips on what would be the best mapping for the controls?

EyeDidiT

Well i tried using Keysticks to map keyboard + mouse inputs to the controller + the controller mapping from within the game itself to get a pretty fully playable experience. At least on the pc version.
So what i did is use both options of using keyboard + controller inputs in the game.
Using Keysticks i mapped keyboard buttons to the controller and mapped them in the keyboard settings of the game + some buttons from the controller mapping section + mapped the right analog stick to be used as mouse + left click via Keysticks. E.g
Left analog stick i used to map movements via thr game controller mapping.
XYAB i mapped to numbers 1 2 3 4 via Keysticks to skills 1 2 3 4 and set them in the keyboard mapping section(this also allows you to select character dialogue options without having to use the mouse)
Dpad up + down to 5 6 for skills 5 and 6 from the keyboard mapping section
Dpad left + right i mapped directly from the in game controller mapping to scroll previous and next quick item.
Rb i mapped from ingame controlle rmapping to use quick item.
Right analog stick + R3 mapped via Keysticks to act as my mouse.
And a bunch of other stuff.
This also solves the delayed fire rate problem using gamepads since your basically using keyboard button through your controller to attack.
Hope this helps. Google Keysticks and check the tutorials on how to use it. Cheers

EyeDidiT

Sorry for the double post but i csnt find the edit button for my original post but i made some mistakes in the above post (,been a while since i replayed EK)
So i tested out the controller again and made a new profile. Ignore the button mappings of the previous post.
So what i did is
Map left analog stick to act as my mouse (thru Keysticks)

L3 i mapped to Take all from the loot(for some reason any other button doesnt work),

R3 i mapped to left mouse click (thru Keysticks),
L1 for next quick item (thru ingame controller setup)

L2 for previous quick item(thru ingame controller setup)

R1 for use quick item (thru ingame controller setup)

R2 i set thru keysticks as soon letter F to attack and set it from the ingame keyboard setup (R2 is now acting as the keyboard F) this helps solve the delayed attack issue by going into Keysticks settings and set R2 command to act as auto repeating action with 0.02 repeat intervel time)

XYAB i set in keysticks to be mapped as the numbers 1 2 3 4 (this lets you select dialogue options without having to use the mouse as well, sweet)
X is for recovery (set it in the keyboard setup it'll register it as 1
Y is for any skill slot.
B for back/escape ( close windows,open options)
A is for any skill slot.

Dpad up, down, left, right, i set in keysticks to act as 5, 6 ,7 ,8 for the remaining skills (or anyother thing you'd like.

Start button acts as character window (set it in keysticks to any keyboard button you wish),

Select acts as map (same as above)

Hope this helped. Google Keysticks and try experimenting. Some keys just still dont want to work but i got around it somehow and this gave me the most comfortable experience. Sorry for the poorly formatted post 😅