Earth mastery dev error?

Bans1x

I seem to be a bit confused on the developers intent in the earth elemental switching off to an iron golem at tier 3 when the earth elemental has a weakness to acid but insane amounts of defense against any other element making the choice of a level 11 earth elemental more viable than the level 15 iron golem. It may be a developers error, im not sure but i tested it and the earth elemental takes 1 death damage while the iron golem takes 7-10 death damage, which is alot more and just makes the iron golem a worse option unless im missing some point. Right now the earth elemental with summoner seems to be working alot better than an iron golem if it is an error a fix would be very much appreciated.
P.S I love the game :)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Interesting observation. I always assumed that Iron Golems would of course be more powerful than Earth Elementals, but looking at the stats I must admit that this is not the case. An Earth Elemental would be superior to an Iron Golem of the same level in many respects, the higher death resistance (180 Earth Elemental vs. 70 Iron Golem) is only one aspect.

Maybe David thought a level 15-18 Earth Elemental would just be too powerful and thus switched to Iron Golem instead. Another thought might have been to help the player in the Ark, because the Iron Golem has an advanted there due to its extremely high shock resistance of 250 (Earth Elemental has "only" 120).

Bans1x

Thanks for pointing that out, never knew iron golems had that much shock resistance. Gonna be useful in the ark

Cockoon

Are summon stats checkable in the game cuz according to the wiki iron golem (at least as a monster) has 250 death res and generally seems to be better.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Cockoon":e4l4ey7l said:
Are summon stats checkable in the game cuz according to the wiki iron golem (at least as a monster) has 250 death res and generally seems to be better.
Unfortunately, the summoned Iron Golem has somewhat different stats than the regular one. In particular, the resistances are weaker.

Those stats are not directly accessible in the game. But it would probably be a good idea to list the stats of all summoned creatures in the Wiki separately. I will try to add this within the next few days.