DPS is not everything.

Kakost

Hum... I dont know actually, I've never even considered that possibility. I never also stopped to check the logs when such a thing happens to see if there's any sort of indication on the matter. You may actually be right on that one, but I cannot say for sure.

On the other hand thou, that has never happened to me when Im firmly above the trap, standing still (when you walk over one and suddenly stop due to the surprise and annoyance).

To me that only ever happened when Im in frantic movement, and when using speed potions, as far as I can recall, no trap EVER hurts me, as long as I can move over them fast enough (there is, as long as my character animation have already passed by the trap before the trap animation concludes). So I always believed it to be a mere question of being lucky to be fast enough to have moved right on time, rather than it being due to AGI, but I may be wrong.

DaleTilgo2022

The problem with traps is about detecting them, to which you need primarily AWA and secondary INT, both of which are pretty much useless to a warrior outside of that one use - or for having important Trait Checks during dialogs.

With my prior warrior and my current rogue I max out the dungeoneering skill early. With my warrior especially I got tired of walking blind right into traps. For both characters I'd ultimately get AWA and INT up to a baseline of 3. With my warrior I was at a level where I could usually spot traps before they bit me and my rogue almost always does early detection. With both characters 3 INT gives +6% exp bonus baseline. Without getting into spoilers there are equipment that can boost those stats to 4 where needed which is useful for certain situations or dialogues.
For an Archer Rogue, AWA is slighthly better, but for Warrior or Melee Rogue, almost useless except under those situations, so it becomes a lot harder to decide to put points in it.

My AGL stealth and stab rogue is a trap disabling machine. But that does me no good if I can't detect the traps.

Kakost

My AGL stealth and stab rogue is a trap disabling machine. But that does me no good if I can't detect the traps.
That's what I mean, AWA is basically just for finding traps. But for ranged chars (Archer Rogue and Mage) it has the added benefit of giving some token extra damage.

As for the traits, there are items that give +2 to both Int and Agi, not just +1 so yeah, it's an important factor. With my Mage I kept AWA at only 2, because not only I got Amulet of Dark Whispers early on, but also my massive Int makes up for the Detection.

Plus, Mages dont really need to avoid traps, so that's kinda helpful