Double drop bug

Razznik

I've gotten a double drop from two random encounters one was the random dull knight, I left him alive and still got the item drop. And the other was a troll responded and I got to kill him again.

VDX_360

Staff member
On very few occasions, I've received double drops, such as one orc dropping two axes or a wolf dropping a prefect pelt and a damaged pelt. It might be more than that given I tend to kill in mobs where all the drops go into a pile, but on a few I can confirm only one enemy was killed resulting in what appeared to be a double drop.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a double drop for an Ancient Tolassian Tomb.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I've been trying to track down this one for ages... if anyone ever sees a pattern to this, please let me know.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I saw this few times, but didn't considered it bug. It looked more like very lucky loot RNG result.

VDX_360

Staff member
It seems double drops are more common when a Player and a Companion give simultaneous death blows (both hit same time, either blow able to kill). Maybe the double drop stems from the game processing two enemy kills, one from each blow?

I've tried experimenting with this but trying to time attacks to test it is rather tricky.

CristianoR

I also do not think that bad and not a defecito.ja happened to me, to kill wolves and orcs and drop 2 or 3 itens.acho good when you are trading groups of monsters to get gold. Do not mess with it, David, please, okay?

VDX_360

Staff member
CristianoR":26twev4y said:
...Do not mess with it, David, please, okay?
David's got to find the cause of the issue before he can change it :)

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
I did a run of the deep couldron and noticed I got double of tons of items on one run in particular from the chests. 2 double fire salts looks unusual but fine, but I then got double Vulcan Maul in one chest also. Very unusual, and all from within chests.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hisoka Approves":jdpsddat said:
I did a run of the deep couldron and noticed I got double of tons of items on one run in particular from the chests. 2 double fire salts looks unusual but fine, but I then got double Vulcan Maul in one chest also. Very unusual, and all from within chests.

In Deep Cauldron it is normal, chests there have double drop rate.