Door opening zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimidium

Some doors are hard to open. It seems like the detection area is too small. I end up rubbing up against the door and it doesn't open. Do you need a list of doors? Many of them are in dungeons. MercianRoyal crypt has some tough ones to open, for example.

Also,the entrance to Freetown could be larger, too.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
please give me one concrete example, one is enough.

feldon

Loreseeker
Ran the Crypt looking for examples. I did noticed that some doors would open when I was a few steps away, and others wouldn't open until it seemed I was actively touching it.

The only pattern I could find was that doors that swing away from the player (into the room) needed to be touched, while doors that swing towards the player (out into the hallway) were the few steps away one. I was testing the doors along the northern passage.

If this is the case, then it's actually realistic you'd have to push a door open by being right on top of it, while a door that swings out you'd need to have space for the door to open.

If this is not what you were talking about Dim, then please give some specific doors as David requested.

feldon

Loreseeker
Maybe a frame rate issue? I don't get any lag to the point I could get a screen shot.

Dimidium

That is true, my frame rate is bad there. However, it happens in other areas such as the Maze. I am working atm, but will post a screenie later.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
doesn't happen on my test devices...

Dimidium

I did some research about my phone, and found out that stuttering and touchscreen issues are frequent. I bet it's just my crappy phone. I am sure it's me, not the app. Please just delete this post.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Dimidium":2iv48s1x said:
I did some research about my phone, and found out that stuttering and touchscreen issues are frequent. I bet it's just my crappy phone. I am sure it's me, not the app. Please just delete this post.

Can you please give your device info? That way those with the same device know what the problem is. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.