Does Red Dragon in Icemist Underlevels give Ancient Tolassian Tome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eungpar

Just the subject is the question

p.s.)I want to collect Ancient Tolassian Tomes, but being tired of waiting rumor bosses.

Are there any ways that collect Ancient Tolassian Tomes except quests or chests/one time bosses loot

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Yes, red dragons in the Icemist underlevels give rumor boss loot so that also includes the chance of giving Tomes. However as with rumor bosses the chance of getting one of those Tomes is so incredibly small that grinding for even one can take a very long time.

Unfortunately there is no other way to get Tolassian Tomes after getting every fixed one. You just have to get very lucky with your drops or manage to level up to the next level to gain the trait points from that.

Skia

I was thinking about the same topic myself, but my question is does anyone actually got a tome from them? Because I have killed these dragons almost fifty times, but still haven't got any book. Should I keep going or it's a worthless idea?

p4ran0id

Staff member
In theory, yes, it can drop one like other rumor bosses, but the Chace is very very low (not sure how much, I think about 0.1-1%),so it's nearly impossible to grind for Tome that way.

Ps: wiki describes it very good

"Getting a tome from a rumor boss is like winning the jackpot in the Exiled Kingdoms lottery. Enjoy it if it happens, but if you expect it to happen, you may be disappointed."

p4ran0id

Staff member
eungpar:3bussx1x said:
Just the subject is the question

p.s.)I want to collect Ancient Tolassian Tomes, but being tired of waiting rumor bosses.

Are there any ways that collect Ancient Tolassian Tomes except quests or chests/one time bosses loot

Here the proof, got it as random loot in SoH underlevels from a red dragon

Mod Note: Deleted screen shots for brevity. Thread locked and archived.

2Big

Something is so messed up with the odds. In 300 runs of of the Icemist Underlevels, you are guaranteed to go up 10 levels and gain 30 trait points. In that same time, you *might* be able to find one Tome. Was it really necessary to make the random loot so bad?

Spencermag

Not sure how the picture is a proof - and sorry for sounding rude! But I must confirm that I also got Tolassian tomes from red dagons in Icemist Underlevels. By cleric on hard, reloading in plane of fire. Got 2 I think an it wasn't so long, maybe <100 runs (currently level 28)? Now I'm running Iron man (Iron woman) mage, respawning by resting in the hideout, didn't gen anything in like - I don't know - a lot of runs! I'm already level 31, If I get one per 3 levels that makes it much less efficient than levelling up :) but It's about a chance to max out attributes! (I'm this kind of player who wastes time on exploring 100% of the game and maxing builds). Not sure how many extra tomes is needed, but perhaps I will create an excel spreadsheet and check :)
Post automatically merged:    

Oh crep... Oh shait.
Looks like after grinding for eternity till level 100 I will need to gind for 5 more eternities or so. I guess I must convince myself to be satisfied with level 100 :) Btw, I love it that David implemented cap as 100, not 99 - many also good games follows this retarded idea. I HATE UNEVEN NUMBERS! SORRY FOR CAPS.

WHAAAAT?
Just wanted to compare with starter character, numbers don't match... who sees a mistake?

Ok, got it, forgot that up to level 15 it's 2 Points/level. Still, got discrepancy of 1, one point less to go on lvl 31 mage... I might have grabbed one tome from rumor boss or got the formula wrong. But now I kinda have vague memory that I found it... anyway.

Here she is:

So let's assume it's 1 tome per 5 levels. To max out stats while gringind on red dragons we would need to go up 100 levels ... 7 times...
No worries, I will report the trashing posts above.

Mod Note: Deleted screen shots for brevity. Thread locked and archived.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Spencermag , Welcome to the forum. A couple of things.
1) You responded to an old thread (aka necro posting). I see how you were trying to be on topic but it was still an old post.
2) You made a series of long posts.
3) You reported yourself for making long posts.

I locked this thread. And as part of the archiving process, removed the screen shots for brevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.