Do you remember your first RPG character

RuMBot

heh heh oh let's see here. i would say it would of possibly been link in legend of zelda, NES. maybe, 1988? ahh are we not lucky in a way to have lived through this era of evolution of games. i can remember fighting back tears as chrono sacrifices himself for his friends in chrono trigger. actually im fighting them off now, again. man, what the hell is going on in my life...

bahahah i kid i kid. i played D&D once and it was hilarious when i rolled a perfect hit. the goblins head exploed and the others ran. we laughed and laughed...

Erit

I absolutely love chrono trigger!, but my first memorable game has to be Zelda, link to the past. I still play it to this day!

RuMBot

oh man, my friend had it and i had this dream that i was wandering around dark world kikiro (whatever..) village.. lol it was one of the few snes games my parents bought.

Karjus

A giantkin in a mud (that is still running) called Wulfhen. Used a two handed sword (mostly) that was his bonded weapon. Due to a combination of race, abilities and items I managed to get his strength to the point where he could throw two-handed weapons with no penalty unlike the rest of the game (when I quit at least).

Decapitating people with a thrown and aimed greatsword to the head that then due to bonding would fly back to his hands was awesome.

He also served the Immortal of Torture and tended to get into all sorts of trouble. (Like trying to bring about the apocalypse and a new age of terror under the Dark Gods).

Good fun.

ClockworkGhost

I remember rolling up a fighter for what was just called Dungeons and Dragons who had an intellence of 3. This was back when you rolled each stat in turn with 3D6. That character sort of started a lifelong love of fighter types, especially ridiculously stupid ones. He ended up getting eaten by a dragon after buying what he thought was a sword of dragon slaying, which turned out to be a stick wrapped in silver foil.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
ClockworkGhost":3qwjd6m5 said:
I remember rolling up a fighter for what was just called Dungeons and Dragons who had an intellence of 3. This was back when you rolled each stat in turn with 3D6. That character sort of started a lifelong love of fighter types, especially ridiculously stupid ones. He ended up getting eaten by a dragon after buying what he thought was a sword of dragon slaying, which turned out to be a stick wrapped in silver foil.

THOSE were the days.

abstractsense

Loreseeker
I played console video games (especially action RPGs) a lot in the 80s and 90s, but they didn't have the same excitement as pen and paper (mainly played AD&D, Shadowrun, and BattleTech).

I didn't find that excitement in video games until I started playing on dial-in BBSes and later MUDs on the internet. The late 90s was the golden age of MUDs, and you could find tons of games with dozens or even hundreds of players with very detailed character creation, backstory, and active GMs. These days, the remaining MUDs (see The Mud Connector) are mere shadows of what they once were.

Zingrox

My first runescape character! His name was Bob. I had no idea what I was doing, I was just killing goblins and selling their stuff to a little general shop. I thought I was so cool, and making so much money. Realistically I had like 400 gold. I made my character look like the seasoned adventurer I wanted, he had a beard and all! Such a magical time.

Scyklon

I dont remember his name, but was a druid, in 2002 i think, i play with my cousin and we had our own system, we had a notebook with weapons, armors, spells and monsters that we created, we wrote a guide for our system, its very poor, but we had a lot of fun, we always play in a basement that was very dark, we used candles as ilumination, the place was very sinister, my cousin grandmother used the basement to perform spiritualist works, we had a lot of fear and just play till 5 pm. Then we started to play online with a app for windows that create a virtual room, because we rarely we met in vacation, i miss that time a lot, but since the first time i play i was in love with it.

Gregor the Maul

I played diablo 2 my first character was a poor built whirlwind barbarian. After that the expansion pack came out lords of destruction I went on to join guilds got into PvP I had a fire sorc foh pal trap assassin, zeal paladin, elemental druid Uber Town Guardians UTG was my guilds name lol good times playing non stop days at a time all summer long..