Do Townhall quest items/bounties spawn consistently at certain spots on maps?

Cuckoorex

For example, right now I'm trying to locate a runaway slave for a bounty, and the gossip is that he's in the Trollfens... but I've been looking around for him and not finding him anywhere. Is there maybe a reference list (or could there be one) for the general spawn points for these guys? Sometimes, when the time to complete a quest is short and the rumor mill is running dry, it'd be nice to have a cheat sheet to fall back on.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you cleared the Trolllfens, the Rumor boss is likely in Gurgurth Cave

Rumors give increasing detail: area of a kingdom, region (i.e. map), area in the region. For ones hiding out in a cave or dungeon, there's two more possible levels of detail: the cave or dungeon and area in the cave (l.e. behind the secret door in bloodpaw cave).

There's appears to be limited number of places Rumor Bosses spawn so with experience you start to get a feel for where those areas are. For example Manticores in Nilomar Cape are --almost?-- always in the secret area of Bloodpaw Cave).

Cuckoorex

I ended up finding the escaped slave and his buddies eventually, going pretty much square by square... could have sworn I had checked every area, but I must have missed this one first couple of times I looked.