Do I need to care about Reputation with the Golden Hand?

LucianopaazBR

Pensei em atacar a Mão Dourada em Freetown, sem medo. Será que a reputação do 40 me afetará muito no jogo? Ou posso atacar sem me importar?

VDX_360

Staff member
There's no real long term in-game consequence for attacking the Library. Sure, they'll hate you but how often do you need to go there?

You can find one of the books and give it to the library, and get in peacefully.

Phyrad

You can attack and loot what's there or you can get inside with reputation, loot what's there and take benefit of some traders.

MagpillOw

If you side with spice trader Jethro in the quest spicing things up they will let you in. A great advantage of siding with golden hand is you can sell weapons to them for very high prices and buy very cheap potions.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
If you have a positive reputation with the Golden Hand you get access to Trader Orac who has Explorer Gauntlets, Ring of the Trader, and lightning axes for sale (and you can get these relatively early in your career). If you sell to him you get an 8% bonus in value (she buys high, sells high).

There is also Trader Otarab who has Potion of Moderate Healing, Potion of Greater Healing, and Scroll: Teleport, and most impressively, Potion of Mana for sale all at a 15% discount. A perfect place to stack up on huge stacks of consumables.

Kakost

If you have a positive reputation with the Golden Hand you get access to Trader Orac who has Explorer Gauntlets, Ring of the Trader, and lightning axes for sale (and you can get these relatively early in your career). If you sell to him you get an 8% bonus in value (she buys high, sells high).

There is also Trader Otarab who has Potion of Moderate Healing, Potion of Greater Healing, and Scroll: Teleport, and most impressively, Potion of Mana for sale all at a 15% discount. A perfect place to stack up on huge stacks of consumables.
You also have a glove that gives +1 AGI and a ring with +1 PER relatively early on in the game, which are also good reasons to get to them early.