Do I need to buy this game again? Android -> iOS

xylitol

Hey.
I bought this game 1-2 years ago on my android and I played it now and then. I switched to iOS this year and forgot about this game. Now I finally found it again. So I had bought the full version previously, do I need to buy it again on my new phone?

VDX_360

Staff member
What platform did you use to buy the game?

I --want-- to say I think you have to buy the game again if your third platform isn't linked to your new phone. In addition, there's also issues between the code for Android and Apple games being different so even if there's a link, the version of the game you bought for your Android device might not play at all on an Appple device.

It's a very common question in the gaming industry. Players have a customer expectation that if they buy a game once, it should play on all their devices. I'm not sure if there's a solve in the near future (Android and Apple would have to agree to a lot of identical coding).

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Short answer: Yes, you have to buy it again.

Each platform has it's own store (as they are different companies) and you need to buy for each platform again (and again, as now you can buy from 4 stores for 3 platforms, i.e. iOS, Android and two platforms for a PC (Steam and GOG)).

Good news is, save file is same, you can exchange it between devices and play same game(s).

xylitol

Thats unfortunate but the game is worth it so ill buy it again. Thank you!
And I can still sign in with google from my android device but that doesnt help much.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
And I can still sign in with google from my android device but that doesnt help much.
Sorry, not sure with what this doesn't help?

You still own game for Android platform as long as you know your Google credentials (i.e. can access gmail account you used to purchase game) and can install it in any Android device where you use that Google account, whenever you return to Android. So, over time, you may decide to return back to Android, who knows, but you'll still be able to play full version of EK. And this is valid for all your Android devices, not just one, as you can install game on more than one device.

It also goes for all platforms on which you own any game. Only problem is, each store is separate from all other stores, but this is just how things are, as each store is owned by different company.