Dissapointed with loot *spoilers for new update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
While the new update gives a lot of great new loot, there is one enemy I expected a bit better loot from. The King of Korne. This is a level 23 boss, one of the strongest beings in the game who is surrounded by strong allies, and he only drops a tome and a circle of restoration? That's really not that amazing loot for such a tough fight? I haven't been able to check yet if it's a unique boss or one that can be farmed like the other kings.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":l4v4etjc said:
The King of Korne is comparable to the Void Lord

That's true. They both are very strong optional bosses that are surrounded by their lackeys. Both have a warning not to go fight them and both are very tough if you don't know their weaknesses.

Except one thing, the voidlord gives two amazing unique darkness weapons and a tome. The only thing the King of Korne gives is a tome and a shard, but at the time you can kill him you probably don't need a shard anymore.

It isn't that the boss doesn't give any loot, so if you are strong enough while doing Adaons quest you can certainly try to kill him. But if you left him alone because you weren't strong enough yet, his loot just isn't worth it to return to this dungeon for.

VDX_360

Staff member
BattleLord":2ryohout said:
...his loot just isn't worth it to return to this dungeon for.
That's a fair point.

The easy, and ever so slightly snarky response would be just don't go back to fight him.... I know not quite helpful. :)

The more complicated and useful answer is that content has to end somewhere. And while the King doesn't offer any really good loot, it would be hard to justify him dropping anything better and more worthy of the fight as quite frankly, there's nothing in the game that would be a proportional loot item.

One idea would be for the King to ALSO drop a Tome of Lost Wisdom, which grants a Skill Point. That might give a proportional reward for the fight, and give an item that would be useful, but not overly powerful at the time you can get it.

Of course, development on EK is done so it's unlikely and loot changes would ever occur but it's an idea.

Maybe when you start 50-th build of character you understand that thome is the best loot, and there is awesome bow and staff

Bans1x

Level 18 killed him with staff of dead kings was a bit too easy in my opinion for a lvl 23 boss i killed his minions one by one until he was the only one left

LucyiIs

i wish there was a chapter 2 or something in this game, this game has so much potentional, its sad that the devs haven't update this game for 2 years now 😭😭😭

VDX_360

Staff member
The next update is 70% complete, per the Developer's announcement today (2/26/21).
Locking thread as this is an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.