Different weaponts and effects.

DarkNight

When i've played for clerics i've recived an "Silvery Mace" and...I think that this mace will do a special damage for different demons(like imps) or undead(like zombies or ghosts) but nothing.
So i have a good idea about some weapons:that different weapons against some mobs do double damage or higher damage than standart weapon. And i don't saying about effects like death damage,cold damage and etc.
I think what mace will do double damage to undead.
Maybe greatsword will do double damage to big mobs(like vywerns and troll,i don't know maybe someone else)
Dagger will deal double damage to people in leather armor(like bandits) and to not so big mobs(like goblins).
Shortsword will deal double damage to people in chainmail and to middle mobs(like wolves and bugs)
Longswords will deal double damage to people in plate armor and to near big mobs(like big bugs,frost wolves and maybe someone else).
So and different effects of weapons,maybe Silver Longsword will deal +1/2 damage to undead.

Uhm...i'd like to say,that maybe metall of the weapons will give some bonus to damage to different category of mobs. Not just only effects.

p.s. sorry for my english. it's not my first language)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
DarkNight":1p6l8ouf said:
When i've played for clerics i've recived an "Silvery Mace" and...I think that this mace will do a special damage for different demons(like imps) or undead(like zombies or ghosts) but nothing.
So i have a good idea about some weapons:that different weapons against some mobs do double damage or higher damage than standart weapon. And i don't saying about effects like death damage,cold damage and etc.
I think what mace will do double damage to undead.
Maybe greatsword will do double damage to big mobs(like vywerns and troll,i don't know maybe someone else)
Dagger will deal double damage to people in leather armor(like bandits) and to not so big mobs(like goblins).
Shortsword will deal double damage to people in chainmail and to middle mobs(like wolves and bugs)
Longswords will deal double damage to people in plate armor and to near big mobs(like big bugs,frost wolves and maybe someone else).
So and different effects of weapons,maybe Silver Longsword will deal +1/2 damage to undead.

Uhm...i'd like to say,that maybe metall of the weapons will give some bonus to damage to different category of mobs. Not just only effects.

p.s. sorry for my english. it's not my first language)

absolutely, this is going to be done, not in the current next big alpha 0.7 but probably in 0.8

-weapons with special damage (+2 vs undead)
-armors with special damage reductions (i,e . +3 armor vs demons)
-wands with charges
-magic items usable X times per day
-items with bonuses to skills (boots +1 to kick)
-many more scrolls
-many more potions

but have patience, friends. It's just me doing everything (after my day job) and it will take me several weeks to have all this working.

I am not sure I want to make very drastic difference between basic weapons, though, but when it's time, I'll consider.