Diamonds are not my best friend

Equinox

This game can be extremely frustrating. I have got to level 15 and still havent got 3 diamonds for a bag of holding. WTF. Also grinding for cheap potions is a total waste of time. 3 sleeps for 4 red orchids, really?? As for the mythical luminous fungus and deadweed. If you really dont want us to have them then remove the quest from the game ffs.

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, this game can be a pain, but the forum is here to help.

Diamonds pop up here and there. I find giant killing to be a decent way to get diamonds. Killing earth elementals in the ancient city is viable for gem grinding.

There are several places in which red and blue orchids grow. An experienced player can grab them up. However, raiding crypts for loot to sell is a more time effective way to buy up potions. A stack of 20 is ~2,500 gold.

By the mid-game, you should be drowning in gold. If you are hurting for funds, you may benefit from slight tweaks to your playing style or character build.

Also, getting Hirge as a Companion will help reduce you need for healing potions. I tend to prefer Gris as a Companion, but new players often find Hirge more helpful due to her healing ability.

Equinox

I find Hirge to exoensive on mana as im a mage. I prefer her for a compaion to a warrior or rogue, but if my player character needs mana, i find her to wasteful. I have given up grinding for potions. I know of 7 sites that red orchid are found 5 in knightsbridge and 2 new garand farmland. In one playthrough i got to level 10 before Gilmore offered me the useless gloves. I wish that i could have killed him, but i needed his signature and i keep missing him somehow.
Post automatically merged:    

Giant killing failed to register as a diamond source for some reason, possibly dementia, thanks for that. Time to collect those apples i suppose. I was wondering which quest i needed to do.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Aye, Crimson Hills will have you awash with small diamonds.

As for Hirge, why bother with Mana for her? Just have HEAL as her only active and let her use that judiciously. Your Skill EXTRA RECOVERY will give her full Mana.

Equinox

Extra recovery? Am i missing something? I got the bag, damn not having 20 extra slots is a pain, I've been having to leave loads of loot. I only had sufficient charge to get the bag. I'm on solar and it kills my battery to play games at night while charging. I'll be back in the morning to gather some loot for potions. The health potion economy also sucks so i usually buy loads of small health potions to use in non combat situations anyway. 30hp for 100gold is 600hp for 2000gold compared to 2500gold on medium and a fortune for 90hp potions, in the non vanaar world more is usually cheaper.

VDX_360

Staff member
Just covering the basics:
The Recovery Button is appears on the lower left side of the screen. It's a Green cross looking thing. It restores your HP and Mana to full. You get two recoveries per full rest. You can also use skill points to get extra recoveries to a max of four per full rest.

A Deepfrost Cognac (sold in Wizard towers and other places) sells for 50 gold. It provides 20 mana. Hirge can turn that 20 mana into 125 HP. Just keep her with Heal as her only active skill so she doesn't use mana on non-healing. She'll heal herself and your summons until she's out of mana but you can give her a cognac to have her cast again.

If you're using more than one or two potions per dungeon run, there's room for improvement in how you're using potions. They are best used to stay alive in a fight, not as a way to recovery HP to prolong a dungeon run. In the early game, it's often better to retreat, rest up and try again. That gets you XP, item drops, and saves your gold for equipment, and potions you'll need for boss fights.

As a mage, you might also find summons helpful. The Starting imp lacks durability, but he does keep things off you. Getting a Fire or Ice golem (learned in a wizard tower) will greatly increase your overall toughness.

Mages are well suited from attacking from afar and letting your Companion and your summons take the damage.

Ahijah-Akeem

Speaking of diamonds...the purple diamond is stackable? Where can i get more besides the korne observatory?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Yes the Purple Diamond is stackable but currently Unique.

You won't be able to stack another one on it unless the developer adds another one to the game in a future update.

It really doesn't have any use though, other than a few gold or as a trophy for one of your souvenir chests.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Purple Diamond is stackable?
Hahaha I'm laughing waaaaay too much for this lolll

Reminds me of the mysterious Magical Sapphire...
I was shocked when I discovered it wasn't unique!
We can get another one at the Golden Cove Bank. But it's impossible to leave the bank with it.
I wonder if it's stackable loll