Dialogues when playing as a female

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmitKapit

Found a first case where dialogue is assuming the character is a male - random encounter with robbers. "You are trying to rob the wrong *guy*"

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I know. I try to make dialogues gender-neutral, but there's some that aren't, and it would have complicated the engine a lot to include separate options and pronouns, so unfortunately separate male/female dialogues will not happen.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
And not to mention, English is pretty gender neutral language, not like some languages where gender is much more obvious.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
AmitKapit":2t5pgxk5 said:
Found a first case where dialogue is assuming the character is a male - random encounter with robbers. "You are trying to rob the wrong *guy*"

It is one of the things that bothers me too... So I recommend that when we find nongender neutral wording that we put it into this thread:

http://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485

With the exact mob, area, quest dialogue and portion thereof...

as an example... Random encounter with bandits, dialogue text choices

You are trying to rob the wrong guy...

And I am putting that in the thread listed above as an edit.

I would recommend the following:

You are trying to rob the wrong person...

MK2133

When you meet amarisa in the ark
Amarisa will call you sister if you're a female and will call you brother if you're male

VDX_360

Staff member
@MK2133 , Welcome to the Group!

You might have noticed the thread you commented on was last used in 2016. Seven years makes it a bit of a necro post. The game was a different version than, and as lot of comments might only pertain to that older version.

Feel encourage to use the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.