Devourer Sting

Board Troll

Can I PLEASE convince you to make this usable by a cleric lol, I'm so tired of using a flaming dagger, need another 7% crit option for agility based cleric builds.

Attachments

• IMG_20160907_010031.jpg
    IMG_20160907_010031.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,443

feldon

Loreseeker
The mine will have more chances, but is far riskier. Fortress will only have one possible drop, but can be ran a bunch somewhat quickly.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If clerics could use the best weapons, why would anyone bother playing rogues or warriors?

I added new weapons for clerics, including a light hammer (Despair), but DPS is meant to be lower for the class.

DamVob

Translator
The arm of the iron golem is the best weapon until now. I frankly don't like to play with Adaon, he's very restricted with equipments, I prefer Grissenda with my cleric or the alternative Hirge, that at least can cure my hero. So, why a good weapon for a character that will not get better with that?

Board Troll

DavidBVal":3cjzm8ah said:
If clerics could use the best weapons, why would anyone bother playing rogues or warriors?

I added new weapons for clerics, including a light hammer (Despair), but DPS is meant to be lower for the class.

I understand what you're concerned about, and the nature of my request is not about DPS. It's variety of choices for builds.

For instance, my cleric is agility based with the 2 warrior guild skills for crit % and crit damage w/ chance for insta kill.

These 2 skills make me want to use a weapon with high speed and a high crit %.

A dagger.

Currently, I can use a mace, and despair is nice, but with only a 5% crit chance and it's slower than a dagger.

The dps difference between despair and devourer sting doesn't look to be that drastic, but you have better metrics to evaluate that than I do.

The secondary ability of devourer sting is why I'd like it, the paralysis 1. Sure it isn't going to go off much, but it just is something different.

I've been using a flaming dagger since I discovered this build because it fits the vision I had when I was envisioning how I wanted to play my character.

There are many reasons to play a Rogue or a Warrior besides DPS.

A rogue is the best dungeoneer, is superior at finding and disarming traps and discovering secret doors.

They are also superior archers, and with their skill selections, they can inflict massive damage in a short amount of time.

Besides that, they get stealth.

Warriors also have reasons to choose them besides DPS.

Duel and the other guild specific skill are just plain awesome. They get the best Armor and are the best class to take on the toughest enemies from a defensive/offensive balance standpoint.

In conclusion, I see you're doing your best to keep each class happy, and brother, you're creative genius is unquestionable. This game is going to be #1 when people actually discover it. It's really that good.

I'm just giving you a little bit of feedback from my perspective with my cleric, who has no trouble as it is with completing content. It's not a lack of balance.

It's just he's been using the same old dagger for 3/4 of a year. :)

ArrowsFTW

Board Troll":2i5boduw said:
DavidBVal":2i5boduw said:

I understand what you're concerned about, and the nature of my request is not about DPS. It's variety of choices for builds.

For instance, my cleric is agility based with the 2 warrior guild skills for crit % and crit damage w/ chance for insta kill.

These 2 skills make me want to use a weapon with high speed and a high crit %.

A dagger.

Currently, I can use a mace, and despair is nice, but with only a 5% crit chance and it's slower than a dagger.

The dps difference between despair and devourer sting doesn't look to be that drastic, but you have better metrics to evaluate that than I do.

The secondary ability of devourer sting is why I'd like it, the paralysis 1. Sure it isn't going to go off much, but it just is something different.

I've been using a flaming dagger since I discovered this build because it fits the vision I had when I was envisioning how I wanted to play my character.

There are many reasons to play a Rogue or a Warrior besides DPS.

A rogue is the best dungeoneer, is superior at finding and disarming traps and discovering secret doors.

They are also superior archers, and with their skill selections, they can inflict massive damage in a short amount of time.

Besides that, they get stealth.

Warriors also have reasons to choose them besides DPS.

Duel and the other guild specific skill are just plain awesome. They get the best Armor and are the best class to take on the toughest enemies from a defensive/offensive balance standpoint.

In conclusion, I see you're doing your best to keep each class happy, and brother, you're creative genius is unquestionable. This game is going to be #1 when people actually discover it. It's really that good.

I'm just giving you a little bit of feedback from my perspective with my cleric, who has no trouble as it is with completing content. It's not a lack of balance.

It's just he's been using the same old dagger for 3/4 of a year. :)
Hmm I see your point, David why don't you make a light magical hammer or mace with a high crit and speed since it's their signature weapon. Clerics do lack some of that "oomph" while Rogues have a blazing fast bow and Warriors have fast swords so I don't see why you can't do the same for clerics

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
. Hmmm okay, I have several ideas to favor crit-based clerics, including new items and maybe skills. Noted for next content design.

Board Troll

DavidBVal":18dz1ekb said:
. Hmmm okay, I have several ideas to favor crit-based clerics, including new items and maybe skills. Noted for next content design.

Don't forget the swampdonkey!

:mrgreen:

*HUGS*

ClockworkGhost

Maybe the swampdonkey could be part of the quest to find the cleric equivalent of Jesters Bow or Icicle? You could be faced with a choice of either sacrificing the swampdonkey for the weapon, or saving the swampdonkey and watching the weapon sink into the swamp, lost forever? :D