Detecting secret doors

ShadowJack

Hi
I am wondering what detection scrolls mean by detects secrets in a 10m range?
Does it mean in a 10 meter range? or 10 minute range?
Also How can I get better than the 75% listed on the scroll.
My own detection % is in the high 60's so the scroll seems to have a better chance.
Will item affects stack on the scrolls % ?. How long do scrolls last before I should use another one?
One last thing I was doing the new "Mines" and it says there are still "Secrets" to discover but as of yet I have not found a single secret door or other surprises there.
Is this a bug or are there really secrets yet to be found there?

Dimidium

My technique for finding secret doors is to walk by each wall back and forth twice. Either me or Adaon finds them consistently. I look at the map and try to find spots where a room or hallway could exist, and scout those areas a couple more times.

The scrolls don't lie, if it says there's more rooms, there are. It will tell you if theirs none. If a scroll works, it will light up a wall section with green bubbles that resemble a healing potion.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The scroll chance is a fixed 70%, your 60 can be modified by level difference (3%/level). If you are level 16, and find a level 21 secret door, your chance to find it will be 45% every 3 seconds. If the door is level 14, you have a 66%.

Also, range is better on the scroll, actually twice as good.

ShadowJack

I am still a little confused as to how long a scroll works.
Is it used up on one second worth of searching?
So like just one 10 meter wall section and poof its over ?
Because I think I can get my own detection rate past 70% with an item or two which means I can start selling all my scrolls? Right ?

ShadowJack

Thanx for the info guys !

I just clobbered the Ice Dragon for the first time and got Justice !
Sweet !