Demon Golden Cove Bank

ajay

I can't remember what level I was when I went through the bank, but you should be using icicle or the stinger (cc) and lightning dirk (cc). CC is more important than the extra ac of a shield as a rogue. Griss can use any 2hd weapon with cc like permafrost greataxe or 1hd cc with shield. I am pretty sure Hirge would be close to Griss's level as companions levels are linked, but not exact.

If I were you, I would condense your build. You are all over the place with no clear role. A melee rogue lives off of max evasion, stab, assassinate and flurry. Any skill that enhances damage is a good add. I would go back to that save and respec if you can't kill any boss near your level, above or below. And respec your traits to get to AGI 6, STR 3, END 4, INT 1/AWA 1 for the advanced skills that make a rogue a death machine.

Here is a screenshot of my rogue at level 10. Compare our dps and builds.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Martin

First glance, I see a few oddities with your build.

Your rogue has a shield and the skill back stab. Perhaps opting for more damage based skills will compliment backstab a little more.

Gris has a 2-H weapon and skill points invested into Shield Master. Only one of those can be used at a time.

Also, JUST FOR CLARITY, Do you know you can use potions and scrolls on your Companion? This includes healing potions. The item cooldowns are separate, too. So you can use something, and than your Companion can use something. To use an scroll or potion on your Companion, open up the backpack from their icon, like you would to change equipment.

A defensive build Griss should be able to use health potions every few seconds. That lets her stand toe-to-toe with most tough bosses.
An offensive build Rogue should be able to flank an enemy attacking Griss and do some pretty good damage.

The Director is a tough boss, which is why he's totally optional. If you're truly stuck you can either skip him completely - or - just put off robbing the bank a few levels. Don't worry Zilma will wait. That might give you some time and practice fine tuning your combat, plus net some better equipment.

Just FYI: enemies are a little tougher on Hard (and Ironman) so if you're playing Hard, make sure to take that into consideration.

Martin

You all have probably realised that I'm not a gamer. Just fancied this one through lockdown. I'm really having fun with it though. That last few comments have been very helpful. I've reset my traits and I'll start training in some rogue skills like flurry and assassinate. Just got Griss a breastplate of the forge and earlier got the winter wail and icycle. Hopefully in a day or so I'll be kicking some demon ass.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are going to be a few places that seem like a huge step-up in difficulty, but don't worry, often a few levels and slightly better equipment makes a difference. There's nothing wrong with knocking out a few Town Hall Quests or grinding. It takes familiarity to know how a game vibes.

Martin

When using the evasion skill, can you still attack?
Post automatically merged:    

Thank you VDX and Ajay. It's easy when you know what you're doing. 😄👍🥂

Last edited:

ajay

Yes, you can use evasion and attack/stab together.

I don't have as much experience as VDX, he has extensive knowledge of the game. Ijust studied the wiki to figure out which way I wanted to take my rogue builds. 🍻

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Respec your character. Only need 2 points in AWA plus the amulet of the eyes from gets you 3 AWA. Later get amulet of dark whispers to get 4 AWA. Once you reach the ARK put points in AWA for 5 points. Only need 2 maybe 3 points for END plus Oasis ring. Then put remaining points in STR and/or AGI to have a higher DPS. Have max fire protection and max cold offense. Rogue should be able to defeat Director at level 11 or 12.

Martin

I have casting 8 from a cloak and 3 intellect. Summon Dire Wolf won't work so I'm assuming that I need some training. Where could I find that please?
Amazing, couldn't find it on wiki, now I have. Thanks

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Martin , I think there's a misunderstanding in game mechanics. Only Clerics and Mages get the extra mana from equipment. Warriors and Rogues don't have mana, and thus equipment that increases mana doesn't increase their mana. You might have noticed the lack of a blue mana bar on your character with or without such equipment.

If you get the Advanced Skill Magical Training, Warriors and Rogues can spend health points in lieu of mana points.

For Warriors and Rogues, the scroll Summon Wolf tends to be their go-to summon. It's not as strong but a little extra damage in a fight or distract a mob when you need to run away.

Martin

Crikey, I'm such a dunce. That explains a lot. So with training I could use summon Elemental but costs hp instead of mana?