Demon Golden Cove Bank

Martin

Why am I finding it so difficult to kill the demon director in the bank? I am level 16, with +90 fire resistance with Griss and Zilda. I'm not even getting him to half damage. What am I doing wrong?

DiegoMerlin

Eu jogo com Mago, nível 16. Consegui passar do diretor usando a invocação de um elemental de ferro e com a Hirge do lado, o que facilita porque ela ressuscita quando morre (habilidade adquirida) e com o maná ela restaura a minha vida e do Elemental também. Foi fácil com isso. Talvez você devesse ir com a Hirge em um nível alto tbm.

Martin

Hi Diego. Summoning an Iron Elemental would be very handy. But I'm a rogue and stuck with Griss. Hirge would be at too low a level starting now. But thanks for the reply.
Post automatically merged:    

The more I look at this, the more I wonder how others beat this demon. It's got double the health as me and my allies put together and does 4 times the damage. I must be missing something.

Last edited:

Duck123

Loreseeker
You don’t technically have to beat the director to escape the bank. However it shouldn’t be that hard at lvl 16, what are your and grissendas skills and armor? That could be the problem

VDX_360

Staff member
The director hits with high physical damage and high fire damage. You might be better served giving Griss a shield with fire protection. Let her be the chew toy for the Director. It's a good tactic for a lot of tough enemies. Let a defensive focused Griss take the beating while you deal out damage. That lets you focus on using attack potions while letting Gris focus on healing.

Ideally if you can get Griss' fire resistance to above 100, that will take the heat of his fire attacks. Fire resistance potions are your friend. So are shield potions.

Before you start the fight, a summon wolf adds a little flexibility. If it get hit, it won't last long, but any damage it does helps, and any damage it takes, is less damage for you to take. The distraction for the boss can buy you enough time to for potion cool down to pass.

I also note you don't have any ice weapons. Ice weapons do extra damage in this fight.

Keeping the theme of giving Griss a sheild, if you give her an Icicle, she had a pretty good damage output against the Director.

It's tempting to give Gris a 2-H weapon early on. She can do decent damage with it that will help clear out dungeons a little faster. However, you're going to come across a few enemies that require a little more durability to beat. Hence, even if you make Griss a 2-H weapon user, it's good to keep a spare shield and 1-H / Light weapon.

Martin

The director hits with high physical damage and high fire damage. You might be better served giving Griss a shield with fire protection. Let her be the chew toy for the Director. It's a good tactic for a lot of tough enemies. Let a defensive focused Griss take the beating while you deal out damage. That lets you focus on using attack potions while letting Gris focus on healing.

Ideally if you can get Griss' fire resistance to above 100, that will take the heat of his fire attacks. Fire resistance potions are your friend. So are shield potions.

Before you start the fight, a summon wolf adds a little flexibility. If it get hit, it won't last long, but any damage it does helps, and any damage it takes, is less damage for you to take. The distraction for the boss can buy you enough time to for potion cool down to pass.

I also note you don't have any ice weapons. Ice weapons do extra damage in this fight.

Keeping the theme of giving Griss a sheild, if you give her an Icicle, she had a pretty good damage output against the Director.

It's tempting to give Gris a 2-H weapon early on. She can do decent damage with it that will help clear out dungeons a little faster. However, you're going to come across a few enemies that require a little more durability to beat. Hence, even if you make Griss a 2-H weapon user, it's good to keep a spare shield and 1-H / Light weapon.
Thank you VDX. If I go off to get the items you suggest, will Zilda still be at the bank when I get back?

VDX_360

Staff member
You only have ONE chance to rob the bank... and Zilda is always with you. Without her, you can't access the robbery part of the quest.

One the challenges with the director is you have to be prepared for him and ready for the rest of the dungeon. While the bank is pretty small, it has a few fights that will erode your health a bit. The director is by far the biggest threat. And he's optional.

Martin

You only have ONE chance to rob the bank... and Zilda is always with you. Without her, you can't access the robbery part of the quest.

One the challenges with the director is you have to be prepared for him and ready for the rest of the dungeon. While the bank is pretty small, it has a few fights that will erode your health a bit. The director is by far the biggest threat. And he's optional.
I have a save where I can still meet Zilda at the bank. My question is will she wait until that meeting?

I have a save where I can still meet Zilda at the bank. My question is will she wait until that meeting?
Or, if I go off and lose that save, will she be there when I return?

Martin

Okay. I took a chance to fetch greater potions of fire resistance and the Winter Wail sword. Griss has +119 fire resistance and still I'm not getting close. What the f*** is going on with this demon?

Okay. I took a chance to fetch greater potions of fire resistance and the Winter Wail sword. Griss has +119 fire resistance and still I'm not getting close. What the f*** is going on with this demon?
There must be some sort of bug. I'm been to get the icycle as well and can only get this demon down to half damage. Would love to hear from VDX_360.

Last edited: